What pet is good for people with allergies?

I have a sister with allergies, and I really love animals and so does my sister, so what pet except cats and dogs are good to have when you, yourself has allergies?Something like hairless rats and guinea pigs (though my dad dont like them).We would like…

I have a sister with allergies, and I really love animals and so does my sister, so what pet except cats and dogs are good to have when you, yourself has allergies?Something like hairless rats and guinea pigs (though my dad dont like them).We would like…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What pet is good for people with allergies?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What pet is good for people with allergies?

What pet is good for people with allergies? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a sister with allergies, and I really love animals and so does my sister, so what pet except cats and dogs are good to have when you, yourself has allergies?Something like hairless rats and guinea pigs (though my dad dont like them).We would like something easy, we have fishes, but my sister loves cuddling! Thanks, please no rude comments!

What pet is good for people with allergies? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Bunnies- they give heaps of love, and cuddles! (the other day it kissed my cousin on the cheeks it was so cute)FrogsSnakesLizzardsKittensIdk others sorry hope I helped :)

• Well since you've already got fish you could try reptiles, amphibians, or insects. Good starter reptiles are corn snakes, leopard geckos, and bearded dragons. I don't know too much about amphibians or insects but one of my friends once had a Madagascar hissing cockroach and said they are easy to take care of so you could try those regarding you or anyone in your family is not scared of them. Then there are also tarantulas, a lot of people are arachnophobic so you'll want to double check with your family members before getting one. I wanted a tarantula as a kid but my mom would never let me because she hated spiders so ya.If you wanted something warm blooded you could maybe try a bird of some sort or a ferret, I've heard ferrets are fairly hypoallergenic considering mammals. (make sure you play with one to see how/if you react first before making the decision, as ferrets can still be an issue for some people)

• I have allergies too and so does my mom and right now we have a dog and a rabbit.If you want a dog....there are MANY that produce lesser dander and may be tolerable by your sister, like the maltese, yorkshire terrier, soft coated wheaten terrier, Airedale terrier and many others.There are some cats too, like the siberian but cats usually cause more reactions. After experimenting with different pets i have found that cats and birds spark the most allergic reactions in people who are prone to it. So those are out.A fish or a Turtle....i guess maybe when she grows out of it, she can get a cuddly pet, but know she should stick to that.You should try homeopathic medicine, it gets rid of the allergy in like a year and is super effective so know i am able to tolerate my pets.Rabbits shed tons and if you are getting one- they hate cuddles AND they might have to live indoors cos like i said...too much shedding.Guinea pigs are hairless rats also will spark reactions. It is not the hair itself that causes the problem but the dead skin cells (dander).Ferrets and Chinchillas are great and have been known to be good for people with allergies. But beware, ferrets pack quite a hard bite with those sharp little teeth, but chins make GREAT pets!Cold blooded animals like iguanas and snakes and stuff do not cause any allergies but again, they are not ''cuddly'' pets and are NOT suitable for young kids.Also, please do not listen to Maheen. She mentioned that kittens and rabbits are hypoallergenic which is truly wrong!GOOD LUCK!