How to make your stubborn parents get you a pet?

My dad and mom won't buy a dog for me. My mom is afraid of the smell and my dad has allergies. I have told them many times that I could handle it, but could'nt change their mind. So wahat could I do? I really want to have a pet dog.

My dad and mom won't buy a dog for me. My mom is afraid of the smell and my dad has allergies. I have told them many times that I could handle it, but could'nt change their mind. So wahat could I do? I really want to have a pet dog....
    Dog Breed Discussions : How to make your stubborn parents get you a pet?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to make your stubborn parents get you a pet?

How to make your stubborn parents get you a pet? Dog Breed Discussions
      My dad and mom won't buy a dog for me. My mom is afraid of the smell and my dad has allergies. I have told them many times that I could handle it, but could'nt change their mind. So wahat could I do? I really want to have a pet dog.

How to make your stubborn parents get you a pet? Dog Breed Discussions
    • well..... not going to lie. When i wanted my second cat,...... I cried :P That softened them up. I was like 10 tho soooo ya AND i saw her being born so its not like they could deny me a cat i saw ENTER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Same here. There is clearly a reason why ur not aloud one. Your dad is allergic and your mom doesn't like the smell. Don't just think of yourself. It would suck having somthing around u all the time if you react to it. You can't just keep a dog in one room. A dog needs to move so it must be open to the whole house and back yard. That will make doing stuff around the house limited to your dad which sucks. Don't be selfish. Just cuz u want somthing doesn't mean you should toucher everyone else. Not cool

• Are you going to be the one who is paying for vet care or buying their food and all the other bills associating with keeping a pet? or the one getting in trouble with the authority if there is any incidence with the dog? Go sit down somewhere and thank god that you have parents instead of calling them stubborn. And wow! if your dad have allergies and you are still nagging them about a dog, wow is a dog so much more important than your father's health? why are your so insensitive.

• I had the same thing happen to me! Just do some reserch on hyperallergenic dogs and set up this whole presentation for your parents. Do some extra chores around the house to prove your responsable. I put up dog posters all over my room just to prove I was dedicated.

• Oh easy solution! Get a hypoallergenic dog! No smell to it and your dad isn't allergic to them (that's what hypoallergenic means..) Here are some dog breeds that are hypoallergenic:Poodles & Poodle HybridsSchnauzersPortugese Water DogsMalteseSoft-Coated Wheaten TerrierLhasa ApsoYorkshire TerrierShih TzuIrish Water SpanielKerry Blue TerrierBasenjiBeddlington TerrierHavaneseFox Terrier (wire)Cairn TerrierAiredale TerrierAmerican Hairless TerrierChinese CrestedBichon FriseYou also could get a mix of two dogs listed, like a breed I ADORE is a poochon or bichpoo. It's a mix between a poodle and a Bichon Frise and is a GREAT dog! But that's your choice, just my opinion! Also, go to the 2nd source below for a great dog quiz that gives lots of breeds in results!Good luck!

• I really wanted a bird about a year ago. What worked was I talked and talked with my parents. All day long. You say the positives and the negative. And believe me or not, yoour mum will end up giving you a dog. Don't just say the positives or it will make it obvious.