How do I clean up my dog's leg infection?

He started scratching and biting at his leg, which caused a deep puncture wound/cut. The dr said he had an allergic reaction (we don't know what yet). The dr cleaned up the wound using a drain, he said their may be ligament damage, he has trouble walking…

He started scratching and biting at his leg, which caused a deep puncture wound/cut. The dr said he had an allergic reaction (we don't know what yet). The dr cleaned up the wound using a drain, he said their may be ligament damage, he has trouble walking…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I clean up my dog's leg infection?...

• How do I clean up my dog's leg infection?

How do I clean up my dog's leg infection? General Dog Discussions
      He started scratching and biting at his leg, which caused a deep puncture wound/cut. The dr said he had an allergic reaction (we don't know what yet). The dr cleaned up the wound using a drain, he said their may be ligament damage, he has trouble walking on that leg at the moment. He gave us antibiotics. To clean it he said would cost around 900 which we don't have. He said if we want to do it ourselves, we have to apply a little pressure to get the pus out and clean the wound with medicine and use gauze pads. Do you guys know any efficient ways to do this or any other creams/remedies that would speed up the healing or help recovery process or maybe dull the pain?

How do I clean up my dog's leg infection? General Dog Discussions
    • If it is going to cost that amount to clean it means the infection is deep seated presume the dog would have to go under anesthetic to clean all the infection out .I would try and find the money some how whether its applying for care credit asking friends and family for a loan .Even asking the vet for a payment plan .The dog is obviously in pain and its not something i would like to have to do .