What dog sport would you like to see on tv?

I've noticed that they don't show some dog sports, or even working trials on the TV. Are there any you would like to see? I would LOVE to see weight pulling, Iditarod, and Schutzhund.Also, is there such thing as skijoring for disabled people? If so I…

I've noticed that they don't show some dog sports, or even working trials on the TV. Are there any you would like to see? I would LOVE to see weight pulling, Iditarod, and Schutzhund.Also, is there such thing as skijoring for disabled people? If so I…...
    General Dog Discussions : What dog sport would you like to see on tv?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What dog sport would you like to see on tv?

What dog sport would you like to see on tv? General Dog Discussions
      I've noticed that they don't show some dog sports, or even working trials on the TV. Are there any you would like to see? I would LOVE to see weight pulling, Iditarod, and Schutzhund.Also, is there such thing as skijoring for disabled people? If so I want to do it!

What dog sport would you like to see on tv? General Dog Discussions
    • I would not want to see Schutzhund on TV as it would inspire some idiots to try it at home and it is obviously a sport where you need expert guidance to get started and can be misinterpreted as something where you teach dogs to "be bad" or bite or fight etc.. I think a variety of sports would be good: a little of tracking, obedience, herding, agility, flyball, freestyle and so on to expose people to all the things they could do w/ their dogs. I love obedience, but I can see where watching more than a dog or two would be boring for most people. People are almost always surprised when I say I carted with my little 6 pound Papillon, competing against mostly Newfies & Berners, so from my toy dog mommy viewpoint I would love to see a program that showed people that toy dogs can cart, track, find drugs, run agility, herd, be service and therapy dogs and so on. I trained what are commonly called "hearing ear dogs" and very few people are aware of service dogs that assist people beyond the blind or that toy dogs are service dogs too.