Does anyone know of a way to try to minimize a scar on a dog's back?

The dog we adopted last month has about a 2-3 inch scar on her back between the shoulder blades that she obviously got before she was taken to the shelter. I'm wondering if i can put anything on the scar to reduce it. I'm not sure what caused it, our…

The dog we adopted last month has about a 2-3 inch scar on her back between the shoulder blades that she obviously got before she was taken to the shelter. I'm wondering if i can put anything on the scar to reduce it. I'm not sure what caused it, our…...
    General Dog Discussions : Does anyone know of a way to try to minimize a scar on a dog's back?...

• Does anyone know of a way to try to minimize a scar on a dog's back?

Does anyone know of a way to try to minimize a scar on a dog's back? General Dog Discussions
      The dog we adopted last month has about a 2-3 inch scar on her back between the shoulder blades that she obviously got before she was taken to the shelter. I'm wondering if i can put anything on the scar to reduce it. I'm not sure what caused it, our vet said it looked like she had been burned with something.Yes, thanks, she is very beautiful, and cute as a button. I only am concerned with the scar, because when other people see it, it makes everyone feel badly when I say it was some kind of abuse. Thanks for the aloe idea, i have fresh aloe growing in our yard, so i can definitely try that tomorrow!

Does anyone know of a way to try to minimize a scar on a dog's back? General Dog Discussions
    • First of all, Congratulations on a new dog! It is awesome that you adopted her from a shelter. Well done!Try putting a little aloe vera on your fingers and gently massaging the scar..that is of course if it isn't tender and she doesn't mind you touching it.Massaging breaks up the scar tissue and will minimize the scar. I doubt it will go away completely. I'm sure she is beautiful even with a scar though!Good luck!