What is a good hypoallergenic dog breed?

i need a <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-dog-breed/?s=98c134e8df4137b0be02a95fe6134e6a33135a24">dog breed</a> that wont cause really bad asthma and allergy attacks and i also want a pup but i need one that i can leave in the house for a few hours while i am away at work. can anyone help me?

i need a <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-dog-breed/?s=98c134e8df4137b0be02a95fe6134e6a33135a24">dog breed</a> that wont cause really bad asthma and allergy attacks and i also want a pup but i need one that i can leave in the house for a few hours while i am away at work. can anyone help me? ...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is a good hypoallergenic dog breed?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is a good hypoallergenic dog breed?

What is a good hypoallergenic dog breed? Dog Breed Discussions
      i need a dog breed that wont cause really bad asthma and allergy attacks and i also want a pup but i need one that i can leave in the house for a few hours while i am away at work. can anyone help me?

What is a good hypoallergenic dog breed? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Toy Poodle Or MalteseOr A Maltipoo, that's what my friend has.I should also mention that my friend has exeremely bad allergies, her maltipoo and her poodle that died are the only animlas she is NOT allergic to.

• Here is a List of Hypoallergenic dog breeds:Airedale Terrier American Hairless Terrier Barbet (dog) Basenji Bedlington Terrier Bergamasco Bichon Frisé Bolognese Border Terrier Bouvier des Flandres Cairn Terrier Chacy Ranior Coton de Tulear Dandie Dinmont Terrier Fox Terrier (Wire) Havanese Irish Water Spaniel Kerry Blue Terrier Lagotto Romagnolo Lhasa Apso Maltese Miniature Poodle Miniature Schnauzer Peruvian Inca Orchid Portuguese Water Dog Puli Samoyed (dog) [1] Scottish Terrier Shih Tzu Silky Terrier Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Toy Poodle West Highland White Terrier Yorkshire Terrier Hope this helps! :)

• there isnt really such thing as hypoallergenic dog i know everyone calls them hypoallergenic but if you have really bad asthema i strongly suggest you do not get a dog i know they are so cute and fun but it isnt a good idea because i have allergies and any dog nomatter what kind i always sneeze and get sick , even with my own dog

• some hypoallergenic dogs are poodles, malteses, bichons, and yorkies. all the dogs that are hypoallergenic require a lot of grooming. visits to the groomer every 4-6 weeks and brushing at least 4-5 times per week.

• I don't know if it is a hypoallergenic dog exactly but i had no problems when i had a West Highland White Terrier. We have a Stafforshire Bull Terrier at the moment and im forever itching and have watery eyes, but i can bear it cos he's such a lovely dog! I hope this helps, maybe someone else can give u more scientific answers :)

• bluntly, there is no such animal - any breed that is touted as hypoallergenic is merely mandatory grooming, so brushing, grooming + bathing any dog regularly, no less than once every 4 weeks, will make them Less-Allergenic. also, banning the dog from the bedroom, getting rid of as many soft furnshings as possible (carpet out, tile in; upholstery out, washable cushions in; and so on), will also improve air quality. a whole-house HEPA filter on the air-return is reasonably cheap, and must be replaced every 90-days - we get very high-quality help from our 3M Ultrete HEPA filter, for about $5 per month - worth every cent, IMO. be SURE to place the filter vertically - across the entire opening - and cover the edges with 2-inch wide shipping tape. this forces all air to go thru the filter, vs slipping around the typical slanted installation and skipping the filter altogether. i would not advise a pup under 6-mos age - get a young teen, 9-MO or over, thru a rescue group that fosters the dogs in homes. they can tell U a lot about the dog's history if any, but ** more ** they can tell U how that dog is to LIVE with - crucial info! is the dog predatory, do they lunge on leash, are they housetrained, etc. good luck... :) BTW - Angela J: all dogs that do Not Shed (and drop hair) still DO SHED InTo their haircoat - if it does not fall off, it falls 'in', so every dog that is not a shedding breed IS a matting breed. that is why all so-called *hypoallergenic* breeds are also Mandatory Grooming - they will ** mat** horrifically if that coat is not combed tangle-free to the skin, regularly, to remove the dead hair, before it is deeply entangled in the live-coat.

• lhasa apso, bichone frise, shitzu, any dog that doesn't shed/malt will be good. I have 2 dogs both lhasa, one crossed with a bichone and the other shitzu, i usually sneeze around dogs but am fine with these, plus they r so cute.