Are terriers good jogging dogs?

I really just want to know about Airedale terriers and mini schnauzers. Do they make good jogging partners?Thanks for the info on other dogs but im only interested these two. Also, is it possible to jog for too long? I'm worried I might over work my dog.…

I really just want to know about Airedale terriers and mini schnauzers. Do they make good jogging partners?Thanks for the info on other dogs but im only interested these two. Also, is it possible to jog for too long? I'm worried I might over work my dog.…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Are terriers good jogging dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are terriers good jogging dogs?

Are terriers good jogging dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
      I really just want to know about Airedale terriers and mini schnauzers. Do they make good jogging partners?Thanks for the info on other dogs but im only interested these two. Also, is it possible to jog for too long? I'm worried I might over work my dog. How long is enough?

Are terriers good jogging dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I'm not sure get a kelpie THERE REALLY active but dumb, I know a German could be and a great gard dig too my dog died lasts year a pure bread golden retriever there great 4 kids I had it since I was born he was so nice and he copied me lots! I miss him;( but a German probs

• A Mini Schnauzer would not make a good jogging companion. They are just too small. A Standad Schnauzer would be an excellent choice, however. Airdales might make a good jogging companion, but I wouldn't bet on it. I think you'd have a problem getting them to say with you. Most Airdales that I've known are too prey driven to stay focused on a jog (they try and go after every squirrel that they see). And yes, you can over exercise a dog, but it would be hard with breed's that small. Talk to your vet for recomendations. Also, despite what the AKC says (and it's usually wrong) a Schnauzer is not a Terrier. Schnauzers are actually a wire-coated variety of Pinscher. In fact, until about 1900, Pinschers and Scnhauzers were treated as a single breed.