What is an Airedale Terrier's temperment?

Also how do they act around other animals such as chickens,other dogs, and cats.Thank-you!Actually the breed is a mix of Airedale Terrier and Border Collie.

Also how do they act around other animals such as chickens,other dogs, and cats.Thank-you!Actually the breed is a mix of Airedale Terrier and Border Collie....
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is an Airedale Terrier's temperment?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is an Airedale Terrier's temperment?

What is an Airedale Terrier's temperment? Dog Breed Discussions
      Also how do they act around other animals such as chickens,other dogs, and cats.Thank-you!Actually the breed is a mix of Airedale Terrier and Border Collie.

What is an Airedale Terrier's temperment? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Airedale Terriers were developed to hunt other animals. Many Airedales are dominant or aggressive toward other dogs of the same sex. Many have strong instincts to chase and seize cats and other fleeing creatures. If anything goes wrong in the breeding, socializing, training, handling, or management of this breed, it is capable of seriously injuring or killing other animals.

• Since they're terriers they'll be more likely to go after any small, furry animal. They're also extremely athletic and require a ton of exercise due to their energy level. They're also extremely intelligent, so they need consistent training and mental stimulation. The few I've met have been really neat dogs--really smart, energetic, and quirky. They can be headstrong, though, so I don't know if they'd be good for a first-time dog owner unless the right amount of research was done.Do some research on http://www.akc.org and http://www.airedale.org/

• Hi! I have an Airedale Terrier and he's LOVELY. He's the runt of the litter, so he's a bit of a wimp, but his big sister lives up the road and she's a bit more "out there" than him. In general, Airedale's have lovely temperaments, and get along fabulously will both adults and children. My dog gets along really, really well with other dogs and gets along really well with our cat too. Chickens? He hasn't yet met a chicken! If you're thinking about getting an Airedale, go ahead! They're fabulous working dogs and family companions. They do however need a lot of exercise because of how big they are! They would ideally live on a farm an from what you've said, it sounds like you do! If you do decide to get one, go to a reputable breeder and spend a while with both the mother, father and puppies before choosing your own. This way you'll understand the temperament of the litter itself. I also do not advise you to buy the runt of the litter if you want him/her as a farm dog (although the runts always have the best temperament!)Hope I helped! :)