how can i prove to my parents that i can take care of a dog?

i want a dog sooooo bad that im fighting my parents over it.

how can i prove to my parents that i can take care of a dog?

i want a dog sooooo bad that im fighting my parents over it....
    General Dog Discussions : how can i prove to my parents that i can take care of a dog?...

• How well to you handle other responsibilities - especially daily tasks?A dog needs to be fed, watered, taken out to relieve itself and exercise every day. It also needs companionship, a place to sleep, and someone to monitor its health. Someone (you or your parents) will need to pay for food and veterinary costs, and to make arrangements for its care if you are away.If the dog does not have proper care, given several times a day, it will suffer.

• Ask a friend to spend the day with you and bring their dog along. Show your parents that you will feed it, give it fresh water and take it outside very often for potty breaks. Many parents realize that a dog is just like taking care of a baby. All of their needs must be met by a responsible person who will not get tired of it after a week or two. Also, you can get a stuffed dog and take it everywhere you go throughout your home. Make a list of the dog's feeding times, when you give it a fresh bowl of water, what time you use for playing together, and some time to wash your dog's face with a washcloth and brush the dog's fur. Talk is cheap, you have to prove that you can go through the actions. If you are the kind of person who does not finish tasks, doesn't like to take care of people, or is forgetful; then you aren't ready for a dog. Best of luck to you!!

• Go to a library and check out how to care for dog books. Get a lot of them. Sit around reading them as much as you can in front of your parents. Get some clay and make a dog and other things, like yourself, and do demonstrations of how to take care of dogs with the clay models in front of your parents. Buy toy dogs or figurines and place them all over you bedroom and all over the rest of your house. Either they'll really get your earnestness or you'll drive them nuts. LOL

• do some research on dogs. find out how much they cost,eat, shed, how long they live,ect,ect. show your parents your research, that might show them that your really interested in a dog. or you could try to wear them down by begging. good luck.

• one way is that you can start being "nice" and clean your room, etc.............but another way which i guarantee works is that you can prove to them that you know how to take care of a dog....for example, you can read books on care taking of dogs and then tell them all about it........once they hear that you actually know how to take care of a dog, they will get you one since they know you are responsible enough...........good luck :)

• This is probably not what you want to hear but, the reason your parents are probably fighting you about it is because they know you are not responsible enough to take care of a dog. There should be no convincing. Your parents know you best and whether or not you can handle the huge responsibility of a dog. When they feel you are ready they will get you one.

• Well if youre parents say no then I would say its their call. If they say well we'll have to think bout it you got something there. You can walk dogs for a month and see how you do, or you can volunteer at a dog shelter. Dogs are like ehm children they are alot of responsibility and you cant just leave them home and go out for hours and hours on end. They have to be loved and everything in between. If a dog doesnt work out for your family could you look into another pet like a lizard or a guinea pig or a rabbit. Maybe after awhile your mom and dad will see that youre taking good care of the animal and in a few years they will reconsider.