What's the best way to have a dog get used to having a cat?

We have had the Yorkshire Terrier for over a year now, he was adopted out of state and he is 8 now. We do not know if the dog had was around anything else besides another Terrier. I just brought home a 4 month old Calico/Siamese mix and the dogs semi…

We have had the Yorkshire Terrier for over a year now, he was adopted out of state and he is 8 now. We do not know if the dog had was around anything else besides another Terrier. I just brought home a 4 month old Calico/Siamese mix and the dogs semi…...
    General Dog Discussions : What's the best way to have a dog get used to having a cat?...

• What's the best way to have a dog get used to having a cat?

What's the best way to have a dog get used to having a cat? General Dog Discussions
      We have had the Yorkshire Terrier for over a year now, he was adopted out of state and he is 8 now. We do not know if the dog had was around anything else besides another Terrier. I just brought home a 4 month old Calico/Siamese mix and the dogs semi okay with him. The kitten was in a shelter home for 2 months with 3 other dogs and did very well with him. They are both boys and everything seems okay in the short exposures I have been doing until the kitten meows than the dog goes after him, fangs drawn. The kitten will swat and the dog backs off but like I said, the dog gets worse when the kitten makes noise. Help please, I really want to keep the baby kitten, it has only been 3 days and I do not need to either get rid of one or have a death soon.

What's the best way to have a dog get used to having a cat? General Dog Discussions