Why did my dog's stool have blood in it?

My dog's stool had blood in it today. Then, just a few minutes later, she threw up a yellow, very thin liquid - looked just like urine. What could this be symptoms of?

Why did my dog's stool have blood in it?

My dog's stool had blood in it today. Then, just a few minutes later, she threw up a yellow, very thin liquid - looked just like urine. What could this be symptoms of?...
    General Dog Discussions : Why did my dog's stool have blood in it?...

• I don't recall ever having a dog whose stool had blood in it, but we have had calves do this. They usually have a bad bug or pneumonia. I would say your dog needs antiobiotics to kick this thing. Have the vet check him/her out just to be on the safe side.

• The yellow liquid was bile. It basically means she's vomitting with an empty stomach. The blood in the stool could be lots of things... Parvo being probably the worst. Could she have a foreign body in her? Does she eat things she shouldn't, like toys or shoes or garbage? Could she have gotten any rat poison? Even if you don't have it, I've heard of dogs eating it while out on walks. There are lots of other reasons, some completely benign and easy to fix, others that are super serious. You DEFINITELY should make a trip to the vet.

• Hematochezia is the presence of bright red, fresh blood in the feces. Hematochezia usually occurs with bleeding in the lower intestines (colon, rectum). Hematochezia should not be confused with melena , which is the passage of dark, tarry, black feces. Melena represents the passage of old, digested blood that has occurred with bleeding higher up in the intestinal tract.The presence of hematochezia may be a symptom of either a minor problem, or a potentially more serious problem in the animal. One occurrence of hematochezia may be a minor and transient event. Repeated or persistent hematochezia is more serious and should not be ignored. There are several possible causes. The most common cause in older pets is cancer and in younger pets are parasites.You need to take your pet to you vet.