Why did my dog's stool have blood in it?

My dog's stool had blood in it today. Then, just a few minutes later, she threw up a yellow, very thin liquid - looked just like urine. What could this be symptoms of?

Why did my dog's stool have blood in it?

My dog's stool had blood in it today. Then, just a few minutes later, she threw up a yellow, very thin liquid - looked just like urine. What could this be symptoms of?...
    General Dog Discussions : Why did my dog's stool have blood in it?...

• YOU BETTER TAKE THE DOG TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY, AS IT COULD BE A VERY SERIOUS SITUATION..HAS YOUR DOGS HAD ITS BOOSTER INJECTIONS AGAINST THE CANINE DISEASES?IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD HIM IMMUNISED, TAKE HIM TO THE VET PLEASE, AS A FRIEND OF MINE LOST HIS DOG, AFTER PICKING UP PARVO VIRUS WHEN OUT WALKING..UNFORTUNATELY HE LOST THE DOGS AFTER 3 DAYS..IT WAS AWFUL TO SEE AS THEY GO THROUGH AGONISING PAIN..PLEASE PLEASE TAKE THE DOG TO THE VET..IT MAY JUST BE SOMETHING HE HAS EATEN AS MY LABRADOR USED TO DO THIS AND THEN SHOW SYMPTONS LIKE THE SICKNESS BUT HE DID NOT HAVE BLOOD IN HIS STOOLS..GO TO THE VET AND HE WILL BE ABLE TO HELP YOU..PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW HE IS IN A FEW DAYS..

• ok there could be a few things in order to diagnose parvo you will smell a very foul almost mettalic smell and the dog will be very dehydrated. if you pinch the dogs scruff and it stays like that and does not snap back into place then it is a good sign of parvo. another sympton is if the dog is not eating or drinking then it also a good sign but if the dog is eating then there is another issue and you are most likely safe from parvo. also how old is the dog if the puppy is over 8 months than parvo is not a serious threat. but if this all applies then asap get you dog drinking pedialyte or gatorade because parvo attack the body's natural osmosis process and removes all electrolytes from the dogs body not allowing it to produce enough. the drinks will help keep the dog stable until a vet can see it. THIS WILL NOT CURE PARVO! parvo is a 48 hour deal and you will know within that time period if the dog will make it or not. alos another tip i forgot to mention is since osmosis cannot happen in the puppy the fluids that are normally distributed throughout the puppys body cannot because parvo stops this process so the fluid begins to pool up causing the feet jowls and tail to swell and be full of fluid. so if those are swelling it could be parvo. now on the lighter side if honestly i know you are scared but if your dog is honestly not suffering from alot of those symptoms then it could be an internal parasite called coccida which is not lifethreatning. it is just a very aggressive parasite that eats and tears away at teh digestive lining and can cause the dog to have bloody stool and throw up and if the dog has an empty or somewhat empty stomach then it will throw up a bile or yellow mucasy liquid. oh i also remembered a good way to tell for parvo is teh puppy will want to sleep alot adn have a very distant and cloudy look in its eyes. i really hope this could help you and i will re-post other ways for you to help your puppy if you; can tell me more about the symptoms of your puppy. noone should have to lose a puppy so let me know :)

• Your dog may have worms, sometimes those are the symptoms of having parasites, which may have come from something your dog ate awhile ago, there's no time table for when an animal will actually show sickness from parasites.

• if your dog has had her shots then it isn't Parvo. a little blood in the stool can be from some parasite ( worms, gerardia or cockcidia ). yellow vomit is bile from an up set stomach.she will need to see the vet. either way and be treated for the problem. take a stool sample in with you so the vet. can check it and see exactly what is wrong.

• Blood in stool can be a serious problem. I recommend you take him to your veterinarian for a check up, especially if he begins to show pain during defecation.If the stool has a mucus-like appearance and was tarry or black in color, it signifies that there could be bleeding occuring in the upper digestive tract, large intestine or could possibly be a type of colitis. If the stool has clots or shows bright red blood, it signifies that could be bleeding in the lower digestive tract or he may be bleeding from the anus. There can be a lot of reasons for this onset, he may have eaten something that he cannot pass through his system. Check to see if he may have ingested something he should not have like a piece of plastic, metal, wood or hard food. This is the most common for dogs as they tend to nibble on things when you are not looking. Yellow vomit is common. The yellow represents stomach bile. It becomes a bigger concern when you see heavy mucus or blood in the vomit. He may be sensitive to foods but you would see other signs of an allergy like a rash, constant stomach upset, diarrhea or constipation, and infections (especially in the ears).You can add garlic powder to his food. Garlic is an anti-microbial and will help clear the system of bacteria and infection. Don't be afraid to sprinkle it with a heavy hand, dogs love garlic and he should eat it up right away. The only draw back to adding garlic in the food is flatulence, it may be a little stinky but the garlic is doing its job by pushing the bacteria through the system. You can keep him on garlic as long as your like, its is beneficial, safe long term and effective.Best of luck!

• Parasites, digestive issues, ingested foreign body, parvo, sudden diet change.... The list is endless. Take to your vet for diagnosis and treatment anytime there is blood in the stool or blood in the vomit. It can be serious and she should be checked out ASAP.

• I strongly suggest calling a vet for a full analysis. But it definetely could be Parvo. other things could be a bad material she has eaten that has ruptured her intestines or stomach, or it could even be a parasite. The only sure-fire way to know eactly what it is and to treat it accordingly is to see a vet as soon as possible. I wish you good luck.

• this requires a vet trip asap...most of the time this is caused by worms or other minor issues that are easily cured if you catch it early....don't wait....if it is parvo it could result in death. take a stool sample with you when you go to the vet.