Do any of you keep your dogs outside all year in cold weather?

If so what are ways you use to keep them warm.Right now i keep a 40 watt heat bulb in her dog house and check often that its not to hot. its a well insulated dog house with a window so i can see her when i look out and she also has a heated water dish.

Do any of you keep your dogs outside all year in cold weather?

If so what are ways you use to keep them warm.Right now i keep a 40 watt heat bulb in her dog house and check often that its not to hot. its a well insulated dog house with a window so i can see her when i look out and she also has a heated water dish....
    General Dog Discussions : Do any of you keep your dogs outside all year in cold weather?...

• Yes I keep dogs out all year. If it were to snow more then a inch, then I would put them in the basement. I put old clothes in their dog houses to hold the dogs own body heat to help them stay warm. And sometimes the dogs stays out of the doghouse in the cold like they love it. They just need to be fed extra during cold month's, and their water checked often to make sure it doesn't freeze.

• i own 3 dogs.. 2 that i keep indoors and one that stays outdoors as she is 1/2 wolf and very wild. in order to keep her warm, dry and happy we put layers of hay on the bottom of her doghouse, along with warmed up blankets (from the dryer), always remember that a dog that is kept outdoors needs to have plenty of fresh food and water and needs to be checked on very frequently, especially on very cold nights.