What is a good dog for an apartment?

I am thinking about buying a puppy at the end of the year. I want something small like a chihuahua or a poodle. What other types of small dogs are good as an apartment or house dog?

What is a good dog for an apartment?

I am thinking about buying a puppy at the end of the year. I want something small like a chihuahua or a poodle. What other types of small dogs are good as an apartment or house dog?...
    General Dog Discussions : What is a good dog for an apartment?...

• you need a small fluffy lap dog! go to www.akc.com and read up about the breeds you are interested in - make sure you don't get a dog that needs lots of excercise & room to roam - I have a German Shorthair Pointer that we moved into an apartment from our house and she's constantly in our way b/c she has no room to romp & play. Also consider adopting a puppy from a shelter - mutts tend to make the smartest dogs!

• I have Silky Terrier. You can also try an Yorkshire terrier, Shih Tzu, Pomeranian, Chinese Crested, bolognese or a toy fox terrier. These are toy size dogs. Good Luck

• a basset hoound is a good sized dog with a very good personality they don't need a lot of exercise they are very good with kids very laid back and normally not loud. I grew up with bassets and have had one ever since leaving home 23 years now they are wonderful dogs. good luck

• It really depends on how much time you want to spend walking, grooming etc...check out Animal Planet and search for "Breed all about it"...they have a questionare that can help you find the perfect breed for your lifestyle!

• A SHIBA INU!!! They are lively, cute, and can get exercise by just jumping around! They are pretty small, easy to train, and the best! Her is a great website to visit: http://www.shibaweb.com/ Make sure you copy it EXACTLY. Otherwise , there could be a problem. Good luck!~Shibawolf~

• A good dog for an apartment would be a shit-zu or a pug.Also a chihuahua would be ok. These dogs don't require alot of exercise and they are small. If it was me i would get a shit-zu.