what's that breed of sheep dog that lives with the sheep?

I know it's big and white. They grow up with the sheep from pups and protect them from wolves when they are grown.

I know it's big and white. They grow up with the sheep from pups and protect them from wolves when they are grown....
    Dog Breed Discussions : what's that breed of sheep dog that lives with the sheep?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• what's that breed of sheep dog that lives with the sheep?

what's that breed of sheep dog that lives with the sheep? Dog Breed Discussions
      I know it's big and white. They grow up with the sheep from pups and protect them from wolves when they are grown.

what's that breed of sheep dog that lives with the sheep? Dog Breed Discussions
    • The Maremma Sheepdog, or the Maremmano-Abruzzese as scholars who have researched the origins of the breed refer to the dog, is a breed of livestock guardian dog that originated in central Italy and has been used for centuries by Italian shepherds to guard sheep from wolves. The breed's English name derives from the Maremma section of Tuscany, one region of Italy where the dog was used to guard sheep from predators. The breed is widely employed in Abruzzo where sheep herding remains vital to the rural economy and the wolf remains an active and protected predator. The breed resembles the Pyrenean Mountain Dog, the Kuvasz of Hungary, and the Akbash Dog of Turkey. See Mountain dog breeds.

• Akbash DogAnatolian PyreneesAnatolian Shepherd DogAustralian Shorthaired PinscherBukovina SheepdogBulgarian Shepherd DogCao de Casto LaboreiroCa da Serra da EstrelaCao da Serra de AiresCarpathian Sheepdog