Do Akbash dogs and Kuvasz dogs often get along with each other?

I'm thinking of eventually getting a dog or two once I move out of my parents house; I'm a total animal lover. I've really looked into a lot of different dog breeds and I have decided that my favorites are the Akbash dog…

I'm thinking of eventually getting a dog or two once I move out of my parents house; I'm a total animal lover. I've really looked into a lot of different dog breeds and I have decided that my favorites are the Akbash dog…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Do Akbash dogs and Kuvasz dogs often get along with each other?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do Akbash dogs and Kuvasz dogs often get along with each other?

Do Akbash dogs and Kuvasz dogs often get along with each other? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm thinking of eventually getting a dog or two once I move out of my parents house; I'm a total animal lover. I've really looked into a lot of different dog breeds and I have decided that my favorites are the Akbash dog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akbash_Dog) and the Kuvasz dog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuvasz). So I was just wondering if I were to get one of each at the same time, is it likely that they would get along? Thank you. :)

Do Akbash dogs and Kuvasz dogs often get along with each other? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Both of those are remarkable dogs. However, I don't think you will be happy with what will happen if you raise both of them at one time.** First of all, both of those breeds are independent thinkers, and even one of them is a real challenge.( think..stubborn, hard-headed breeds)**As youngsters, they will become devoted to each other, and will set their own pecking order..One of them will keep the other one submissive.**They will focus on their relationship to each other, and it will be very hard for them to bond with you, during their most impressionable training age.**They are both territorial, and will be battling for territory by the time they are sexually mature. A serious fight between those two, ( think..wolf/predator killers) would be horrific! It is rarely a good idea to raise two pups together, if you want good companion dogs. It is nearly impossible for someone not experienced with the breeds, to be successful in that venture.If you really want to raise two pups together, you need to choose a more sociable and biddable breed.

• It's generally a bad idea to take on two new dogs at once, regardless of breed. Especially individuals that will require that much individual work, and are that naturally dominant. I would get the Akbash first, as Kuvasz dogs do better with animals they get used to as puppies. Both are beautiful breeds! Good luck!