When a dog has parvo, will he STOP having diarrhea and then have it again?

I got a new dog, it had diarrhea right away. I am worried that it might be parvo. Then it made a normal bowel movement that was not diarrhea. Then it had diarrhea again. Does that sometimes happen with parvo?

I got a new dog, it had diarrhea right away. I am worried that it might be parvo. Then it made a normal bowel movement that was not diarrhea. Then it had diarrhea again. Does that sometimes happen with parvo?...
    General Dog Discussions : When a dog has parvo, will he STOP having diarrhea and then have it again?...

• When a dog has parvo, will he STOP having diarrhea and then have it again?

When a dog has parvo, will he STOP having diarrhea and then have it again? General Dog Discussions
      I got a new dog, it had diarrhea right away. I am worried that it might be parvo. Then it made a normal bowel movement that was not diarrhea. Then it had diarrhea again. Does that sometimes happen with parvo?

When a dog has parvo, will he STOP having diarrhea and then have it again? General Dog Discussions
    • Parvo usually have symptoms of liquid diarrhea, vomiting and fever. If your dogs stool isn't liquid, but just soft, it might be caused by parasites such as giardia which is very common and can be treated with some antibiotics from vet. I wouldn't say it's parvo with just diarrhea as many other diseases or even stress to new environment can cause diarrhea(especially in new dog). Did your dog had her/his vaccines? If not yet, I wouldn't suggest you take him out for walks or meet dogs that you dont know their vaccination history as he isn't fully protected yet. So I suggest you take a stool sample to your vet and they can determine if there's any parasites in the stools, also try give him only cooked chicken and rice(nothing else) for a few days as it helps dogs with diarrhea. Hope your dog get well soon