My dog coughs for minutes when she gets exited or scared. Is this life threatening?

Also, she throws up quite often. A few years ago she got attacked by another dog and coughed up blood. Do you think that event has contributed to her coughing and throwing up?

My dog coughs for minutes when she gets exited or scared. Is this life threatening?

Also, she throws up quite often. A few years ago she got attacked by another dog and coughed up blood. Do you think that event has contributed to her coughing and throwing up?...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog coughs for minutes when she gets exited or scared. Is this life threatening?...

• My dog coughs for minutes when she gets exited or scared. Is this life threatening?

My dog coughs for minutes when she gets exited or scared. Is this life threatening? General Dog Discussions
      Also, she throws up quite often. A few years ago she got attacked by another dog and coughed up blood. Do you think that event has contributed to her coughing and throwing up?

My dog coughs for minutes when she gets exited or scared. Is this life threatening? General Dog Discussions
    • She may have a collapsible trachea. Does the coughing have a sort of wheezy quality to it? That is my best guess, my dog had one and would cough when he got too rambunctious or pulled on his leash. If it is this, just wait until the dog catches its breath before continuing. Whatever it is, you may want to get her evaluated by your vet.Dogs throw up for a variety of reasons, the most likely being that they ate too fast. If she throws up soon after she eats, try feeding her smaller, more frequent meals.