Is your breed of dog banned or restricted in areas of the US?

Here we go all... a list of restricted or banned breeds in different areas of the united states... You might be suprised to find your dog on it...Further inquiries of an effort to ban the deed not the breed for these breeds is in the works now. If…

Here we go all... a list of restricted or banned breeds in different areas of the united states... You might be suprised to find your dog on it...Further inquiries of an effort to ban the deed not the breed for these breeds is in the works now. If…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is your breed of dog banned or restricted in areas of the US?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is your breed of dog banned or restricted in areas of the US?

Is your breed of dog banned or restricted in areas of the US? Dog Breed Discussions
      Here we go all... a list of restricted or banned breeds in different areas of the united states... You might be suprised to find your dog on it...Further inquiries of an effort to ban the deed not the breed for these breeds is in the works now. If interested in helping with this project please e mail me with subject heading of ban deeds not breeds and I will point you in the right direction to help out....here's the list....1. AIREDALE TERRIER 2. AKBASH 3. AKITA 4. ALAPAHA BLUE BLOOD BULLDOG 5. ALASKAN MALAMUTE 6. ALSATIAN SHEPHERD 7. AMERICAN BULLDOG 8. AMERICAN HUSKY 9. AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER 10. AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER 11. AMERICAN WOLFDOG 12. ANATOLIAN SHEPHERD 13. ARIKARA DOG 14. AUSTRALIAN CATTLE DOG 15. AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD 16. BELGIAN MALINOIS 17. BELGIAN SHEEPDOG 18. BELGIAN TURVUREN 19. BLUE HEELER 20. BOERBUL 21. BORZOI 22. BOSTON TERRIER 23. BOUVIER DES FLANDRES 24. BOXER 25. BULLDOG 26. BULL TERRIER 27. BULL MASTIFF 28. CANE CORSO 29. CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOG 30. CAUCASIAN SHEPHERD 31. CHINESE SHAR PEI 32. CHOW-CHOW 33. COLORADO DOG 34. DOBERMAN PINSCHER 35. DOGO DE ARGENTINO 36. DOGUE DE BORDEAUX 37. ENGLISH MASTIFFS 38. ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIEL 39. ESKIMO DOG 40. ESTRELA MOUNTAIN DOG 41. FILA BRASILIERO 42. FOX TERRIER 43. FRENCH BULLDOG 44. GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG 45. GOLDEN RETRIEVER 46. GREENLAND HUSKY 47. GREAT DANE 48. GREAT PYRANEES 49. ITALIAN MASTIFF 50. KANGAL DOG 51. KEESHOND 52. KOMONDOR 53. KOTEZEBUE HUSKY 54. KUVAZ 55. LABRADOR RETRIEVER 56. LEONBERGER 57. MASTIFF 58. NEOPOLITAN MASTIFF 59. NEWFOUNDLAND 60. OTTERHOUND 61. PRESA DE CANARIO 62. PRESA DE MALLORQUIN 63. PUG 64. ROTTWEILER 65. SAARLOOS WOLFHOND 66. SAINT BERNARD 67. SAMOYED 68. SCOTTISH DEERHOUND 69. SIBERIAN HUSKY 70. SPANISH MASTIFF 71. STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER 72. TIMBER SHEPHERD 73. TOSA INU 74. TUNDRA SHEPHERD 75. WOLF SPITZsorry for the delay in posting the source, had to retrieve my son from school...lol.......here's a link.....http://mastiff.meetup.com/133/messages/boards/thread/4101005here's another source, rdows's official site which has the list on their site themselves...still fake???http://www.povn.com/rdows/banned%20breeds.html

Is your breed of dog banned or restricted in areas of the US? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I have heard Doberman Pinschers were banned in certain areas, but not where I live. I also have a Siberian Husky that also is not banned in my area.I think the list is ridiculous!!!

• I have a Pit Bull and she is banned in my hometown and so many other places in the US. How sad, for all the people who want to own some of these dogs but can't because of irresponsible owners. Blue heelers?? We had one of those when I was young, great dogs! How suprising!

• Some of those are truely surprising. Borzois are very laid back dogs and Boston Terriers and Pugs are small. I think a lot of people would be amazed to know that somewhere has banned the Golden Retriever!

• I can not understand why half of these dogs are on a list. A newfie? lol! I've met chi's that should be individually listed, but a newfie? hmmm.....Where did you get this list? I would like to see the info myself before I go all alarmist...

• I own an American Pit, so yeah.... they are banned quite a few places because of ignorant fools. But Pug? Really? Come on... this list is so sad. All thanks to the stupid fools who don't know how to raise an animal properly nor do they do their research on them before owning one.

• This list is ridiculous don't you agree? They have a pug more dangerous than a Rottweiler.. My dog is Number 5. and Number 27. Mix. Does she look dangerous to you ?http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x110/afusa1/?action=view&current=0_1.jpgIts a very interesting list...

• Yet another ignorant fool and a whole truck load falling for that spazz of a list. That list is a FAKE. Someone rigged that list off of http://www.understand-a-bull.com/ and added more dogs to the list. The majority of those dogs are only restricted because of their size in some cities that restrict dogs over so many lbs and several of the breeds are listed twice or more, only under different nicknames for the breed. I even spoke to Marcy Setter that (helps?) administrates that site. If anyone wants a real list, go here: http://www.understand-a-bull.com/BSL/Locations/USLocations.htmEDT: BTW, yes I do have two American Bulldog mixes. The breed is restricted throughout my state and banned in a city over. Just waiting for it to reach my town.

• Yep my Doberman is on there. Also the Siberian Husky that we are looking at getting our son in about 11 years when he graduates from college and has TIME for a dog. WOW. MY Cockerspaniel is not on the list but then they are small dogs. But my cocker would bite out of fear faster than my doberman. i am also amazed to see, The labrador Retriever on there and the Golden Retriever. No dogs are banned in our area, thankfully. I live where they cant take your dogs away cause of breed. Most people around me also know I have Dobermans and I am the only one in our area for 20 miles. So if they find a Doberman they let me know. (it has never been mine, but we find them dumped off on the side of the road sometimes. sad). I am not for the BSL. You cant judge the whole breed by one dogs, misbehaviors. I just read the list and searched my state. We dont have a BSL list. Nor does two states that surround me. I am amazed at that list though and I have to agree it is a fake.

• Siberian Husky - just becuase of there looks is the ONLY reason they are on there , they are very people friendly thats why they are not really a one man dog becuase they love EVERYONE.Pitbulls again I do not know why.I live in England so APBT are banned but in some areas I think Sibes are banned over here as well. That list is so big , but they are not targeting the "bad" dog owners that do not train there dogs but the good family dogs. If BSL came to my city then I WILL MOVE I Love my Siberian Husky to much.DEED NOT BREED(SUSAN W.... When and where did you find that out? , Let me know please , Thanks)