What dog should I get?

I currently have a German Short Hair Pointer Female and want to her 2 more playmates and I live on a farm so I can which out of these should I get:AkbashAlapaha Blue Blood BulldogBergamascoBorzoiAustralian Cattle Dog/Blue Heeler German Wirehaired…

What dog should I get?

I currently have a German Short Hair Pointer Female and want to her 2 more playmates and I live on a farm so I can which out of these should I get:AkbashAlapaha Blue Blood BulldogBergamascoBorzoiAustralian Cattle Dog/Blue Heeler German Wirehaired…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What dog should I get?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What dog should I get?

What dog should I get? Dog Breed Discussions
      I currently have a German Short Hair Pointer Female and want to her 2 more playmates and I live on a farm so I can which out of these should I get:AkbashAlapaha Blue Blood BulldogBergamascoBorzoiAustralian Cattle Dog/Blue Heeler German Wirehaired PointerLeonbergerHavanese Pomchi Ok I have had one of each of these breeds at one point in my life so I know how to care for them thats why I would like to get one or 2 of these if you don't know what one of them is look it up but which ones should I get?

What dog should I get?

What dog should I get? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I'd suggest the Borzoi and GWP to go with your GSHP. Or possibly an ACD, since you live on a farm. I wouldn't really suggest the smaller breed/mixes simply because you have the land to support larger breeds, and larger breeds would most likely provide better playmates to your GSHP

• More important than the particular breed is the temperament of the dog. As you are familiar with all of these breeds, I assume you know a lot about them so whichever breed you decide on, you should probably get another female or a neutered male unless you intend to breed them!You don't mention the age or the temperament of your dog both of which should have an impact on any dog you choose. Consider obtaining one from a rescue organization, that way you will be informed about the new dog's temperament and behavior around other dogs, not to mention you would be giving one a new lease on life.