American Staffordshire Terrier- what do i need before i get the puppy?

i know food.. what elsecould you tell me everythingi'm getting 1 in 2years1year if i get luckyWhat do i need for the dog? And how much will everything cost? Thanks

i know food.. what elsecould you tell me everythingi'm getting 1 in 2years1year if i get luckyWhat do i need for the dog? And how much will everything cost? Thanks...
    General Dog Discussions : American Staffordshire Terrier- what do i need before i get the puppy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• American Staffordshire Terrier- what do i need before i get the puppy?

American Staffordshire Terrier- what do i need before i get the puppy? General Dog Discussions
      i know food.. what elsecould you tell me everythingi'm getting 1 in 2years1year if i get luckyWhat do i need for the dog? And how much will everything cost? Thanks

American Staffordshire Terrier- what do i need before i get the puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • http://www.pedigreedpups.com/PuppySupplies.htmland http://www.ehow.com/topic_433_new-puppy-checklist.htmlcan give you a good general idea. Of course what you actually need will depend on the puppy, what kind of yard you have, and what kind of training you give the dog. Also you might want to check your area, BSL is a B!tch. (meaning legally you might not be allowed to have the dog, or you might have to have it muzzled in public and maybe even $1,000,000 insurance.)

• Well you should definitely research this, right now you are not ready to get a puppy, but once you've researched it, you'll be somewhat ready. For now here's a list of things you'll need:LeashCollar (make sure it's the right size, you'll have to keep getting new collars as the dog grows, the best one would be a nylon collar with reflective patches for when you walk him/her in the dark)Good Quality puppy foodFood/Water pool (stainless steel)Gentle pull harness (the dog breed you are getting is strong, and will need a gentle pull harness so he/she doesn't get hurt)Vaccinations (ask your vet about these)Heart Guard (a medication for your dog, ask your vet specifically about Heart Guard)Doggie poop bags (yes you'll need these, in some places its illegal not to pick up after your dog, there's a 500 dollar fine where I live)A Kennel (kennels are not bad, but just don't keep your dog in the kennel that often, you'll also need to keep getting new ones as your dog grows, like the collar)Insurance (this is a must for any pet, you'll need health and pet insurance for your new puppy)I think that you are aiming to get a dog from a breeder or petstore since you already know the breed, that is not a good idea at all, adopt a dog from the shelter, you'll find many pit bulls there.

• Good choice!!!!I have one too, best dogs ever. So this is what we did......we use purina pro plan adult. Supplies would be the same for any normal dog. Leash (i don't really approval of muzzles)ColorsI D tagBallls (lots :)lots of toysdog beadbowlsect. Toys that my dog specifically likes are:Tennis ballsplastic bones. So staffies are great dogs. They are very eager to please. They get very attached to your family (usually one person specifically) and are quite smart. Training might be good. Socializing is very important. Look for others in your area. If you are near some dog park thats great. And please get from a shelter. They even have puppies.Petfinder.com will help you find a great one. Petsmart.com will be good to get supplies. purina.com or petsmart for foodCongrats! Staffies are great. we have a 4 year old named Rocky, he is the best. Have fun!To add Prices:The dogs prices will vary free- 500$Supplies 150$ for basicCrate or fence 150$So to get a dog, supplies: 300-800$

• 1. Collar -Your puppy will need a soft material for the collar. There are some pet shops where they do fittings to see which size collar is needed. Don't forget as your pup grows the collar size will change. 2. Leash/Lead - This is obvious, because you need a collar.3. Harness - An easier way to walk your new pup is by a harness, therefore if your pup pulls it is easier to control him.4. Food and Water Bowls - Stainless-Steel is the best type of bowls, they are easy to clean and are great value.5. Dog BrushKeep your pups coat shiny and clean of dirt.6. Pups toysSoft toys are best for pups as it doesn't hurt their mouths.7. Healthy Treats/ChewsKeeps your pups teeth clean and can keep your pup occupied for hours.8. CrateGet a rather large crate, not too big, but not to small. This is a comfort zone for your pup and is great for using if you don't want a destroyed house to come back to.9. Puppy Gates?If there are certain no go areas for your pup, get the gates straight up! :)10. BeddingA easy clean dog bed for inside the crate is needed, preferably with a cover that comes off easily to wash.11. House training padsNeeded until your puppy/dog is well trained to take its toilet breaks outside.12. Vet number.This is always handy in case there is an emergency with your pup13. Dog books.Always handy to have.