What are (yes, can be more than one!! for crazy dog lovers) your least favorite and favorite dog breeds?

I HATE, ABHOR, DETEST the Doberman Pinscher and the German Shepherd Dog. They have unstable temperaments and are totally rude and dangerous. I'd never own one. Ugly too. lol/ I know I'm being rude, but Bedlington Terriers are also ugly. (Dumb Witness/…

What are (yes, can be more than one!! for crazy dog lovers) your least favorite and favorite dog breeds?

I HATE, ABHOR, DETEST the Doberman Pinscher and the German Shepherd Dog. They have unstable temperaments and are totally rude and dangerous. I'd never own one. Ugly too. lol/ I know I'm being rude, but Bedlington Terriers are also ugly. (Dumb Witness/…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What are (yes, can be more than one!! for crazy dog lovers) your least favorite and favorite dog breeds?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are (yes, can be more than one!! for crazy dog lovers) your least favorite and favorite dog breeds?

What are (yes, can be more than one!! for crazy dog lovers) your least favorite and favorite dog breeds? Dog Breed Discussions
      I HATE, ABHOR, DETEST the Doberman Pinscher and the German Shepherd Dog. They have unstable temperaments and are totally rude and dangerous. I'd never own one. Ugly too. lol/ I know I'm being rude, but Bedlington Terriers are also ugly. (Dumb Witness/ Agatha Christie)Sorry! MUTTS & MONGRELS OF UNKNOWN HERITAGE!!! LOLBut...These are my following Favourites:Great PyreneesSlovensky CuvacPolish Tatra SheepdogAkbash DogMaremma SheepdogKuvaszBernese Mountain Dog (lol, sooo loyal)Saint Bernard (Beethoven)Jindo (even more loyal than Berner), Punsan, Sapsali (native breeds)Old English SheepdogOtterhoundGolden RetrieverLabrador RetrieverNewfoundland DogDalmatianChihuahuaWest Highland White TerrierEnglish BulldogPugCavalier King Charles Spaniel (Sooooo adorable; soooo expensive (dammit))PomeranianSamoyedToy American Eskimo DogJapanese SpitzJapanese ChinShih TzuMaltese (long flowing hair. lovit!)Toy Poodle (Not the partly fluffy style. those are ugly. Like BABY from A RARE BREED OF LOVE/ book)Siberian HuskyBoston TerrierThats about it. Long, huh?This is all opinion based, and i DO know that not all dobies or GSD's are unstable. So it's like, name your favorite/least favourite breeds. That's all, and please don'r criticize my opinions, as I don't criticize yours. And I'm NOT a racist.You have to admit it yourself, some breeds are less appealing than others. What appealing is to you, may differ from my idea of beauty. OK?And I respect that.I like the pekingese tooLeave this one for voters! Anyway, thanks everyone for answering. Some said very rude things, but then others generally just stated their breeds to name! Thank you, all who ANSWERED the QUESTION.

What are (yes, can be more than one!! for crazy dog lovers) your least favorite and favorite dog breeds? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Well, and aren't you a sweetie to generalize all dogs of a particular breed? How do you feel about people of certain ethnic groups, huh? Bet there are a few prejudices running rampant there as well.You *cannot* generalize. I do not have Dobies or GSDs, but they are usually great dogs. I cannot imagine why you would make this sweeping statement about all "German" breeds (Hmmm...or can I?)And I really find it difficult to believe that you have any kind of familiarity with the rare breeds you name.Open your mind -- oh, sorry, that's probably too much to ask.

• Love: Great PyreneesShih tzuMutts from sheltersNewfiesDanesGreyhoundsSaint BernardsIrish WolfhoundsPoodles (standard and toy)Golden RetrieverDislike: Chi's Deliberately bred "doodle" mixes of any kindCocker SpanielsBoxersCoonhoundsRat TerriersJack RussellPugs

• my fave type is the cavalier king charles spanielssooooo cute!i have a 2 year old ruby coloured one called Gracie and shes so adorable!(:erm i hate staffordshire bull terriers, don't get me wrong, they are soo cute when there puppies but when there older - ergh.plus i got bitten by my boyfriends saffordshire which is probably the reason i actualy hate them (n)edit: people people people,.!?why are most people including me getting thumbs down for our opinions :S :| you dont have to agree but whats the point in putting a thumbs down to these sort of answers?please tell me! :|

• I absolutely love Azawakh and Sloughis, I also adore Bedlington Terriers, I think they're absolutely adorable. And German Shepherds and Doberman Pinschers in no way have an unstable temperament. They are very stable breeds, and only a few bite people. But the FAR majority and I mean FAR majority are great dogs that are perfect angels. It's only stupid uneducated people that don't trust them.

• I would probably not own a long haired or small dog.I can appreciate them,but wouldn't pick one out.Now if the dog happened to pick me,maybe different story.Dogs are probably the only thing it is acceptable to be prejudiced for or against.Standards mean a lot and maintaining standard does require being very much a bigot to your own breed,never mind others.O.K. maybe some people shouldn't own dogs.I concede that point,but I love my breed and dog's in general.Sorry if my post is offending.I once overheard someone I considered a friend,talking about my dog at ringside,when she thought I couldn't hear,say 'that thing shouldn't be allowed in the ring.He's disgusting.If I had to look at him all day I would puke!'.Both our dogs had been bred by the same kennel! The judge gave my dog points and hers got none.They only difference I could detect about them was that mine had style that day and hers didn't.A few months later her dog came into his own and was finished fast.I saw him and he still looked the same as my dog to me and everybody else thought so too.She used that dog in the foundation of her kennel.If you love a certain breed advocate for it and support it.I own Dobes.LOL I hear when their brain grows too big for their skull they turn on their owners and attack them.I still love them despite their many flaws.I always accept them,unless of course they a showing a 'fault'.Attend local sanctioned shows etc... that feature the breed you love.I guarantee you will enjoy meeting the beautiful dogs.You might even find the breeder who can give you the animal of your dreams.Again ,if you love the breed come out and support the people who are breeding the beautiful dogs you say you love.In your lifetime ,if you can,own one.

• Dearie, you need to stop playing on the computer while your parents aren't looking - some predator will see that you are a child left to their own accord and come get you. I think your labile emotional temperament and ignorance regarding dogs in general and some breeds specifically evidences that you are likely what, four years old? Those predators like little toddlers left alone like that. If you aren't a child then you likely are just some ignoramus with BPD and are projecting because you are so ugly and unstable. Please seek help and stop pretending that your problems are associated with some fictitious and ignorance based concept you have regarding dogs.add: BTW, you should likely NEVER get another living creature given your own instability and utter ignorance. No dog is so bad that it deserves to be owned by someone with ISS (incurable stupid syndrome).Go play with your dollies.....'hate, abhor, and detest' them like you do yourself.

• i have one Korean Jindo right now...and when i grow up i want a huge 10+ acre backyard with a whole pack of them!!!! Love them more than any other type of dog breed in the world!!!! I like evry spitz breed such as the japanes akita, and other wolf-like dogs...I can't stand labs, golden retrievers, and little annoying yayppy dogs because they are so over-populated. ASIAN dogs rule!!!

• I'm actually planning on buying a Maltese for summer break!!!They seem so cute and i've done tons of research on them! All i got to say is my favorite out of all these is the Maltese. (Also many of the other ones you listed i've never heard from before-lol...)Well,my answer is Maltese all the way!I kinds like small dogs,they seem really cute and i have a 2 year old brother that can't be jumped on -.- (we had to learn that the HARD way. We use to have a German Shepard and he jumped all over my brother :( My brother cried like crazy and got some scratches in his face for a while...)So my least favorite are just big dogs-i'm not good at being specific.Kazandra