What can I do to help my dog accept a new puppy?

I have a female Rhodesian Ridgeback who is 2years old and I'm thinking of adopting a 4month old Jack Russel Terrier. Any ideas what I could do to help them get along? How do I introduce them to eachother? My Rhodesian Ridgeback usually gets along with…

What can I do to help my dog accept a new puppy?

I have a female Rhodesian Ridgeback who is 2years old and I'm thinking of adopting a 4month old Jack Russel Terrier. Any ideas what I could do to help them get along? How do I introduce them to eachother? My Rhodesian Ridgeback usually gets along with…...
    General Dog Discussions : What can I do to help my dog accept a new puppy?...

• Jack Russels are very high energy dogs. Most people don't realize they are like having a busy toddler running around. I think the female should tolerate the puppy, but give her time. If she can't handle the pup she'll let it know. I don't think it will hurt it. Good Luck.

• Yes i've been through that before.I have a 9 yr old dog at home.My mom got a 1yr old dog from a friend.The older dog did not like it one bit, but they manage to survive.Everytime the 1yr old walks by the 9 yr old growls but the iyr old knows not to mess with her. I hope this helps you