Is your dog on the BSL list?

Many people are supporting laws that ban "dangerous" dogs like Pit Bulls. I disagree with these laws. But even so, I think someone who wants to ban Pit Bulls would find this outrageous. There are currently 75 (yes that's right, 75) breeds on Breed…

Is your dog on the BSL list?

Many people are supporting laws that ban "dangerous" dogs like Pit Bulls. I disagree with these laws. But even so, I think someone who wants to ban Pit Bulls would find this outrageous. There are currently 75 (yes that's right, 75) breeds on Breed…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is your dog on the BSL list?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yes my dog is on there it's #1.She is the sweetest thing in the world. That list is ridiculous. It's not the dog it's the owner.I can't believe that they put Golden RetrieversLabsGreat DanePugBorzoi Australian ShepherdNewfoundlandPug Saint BernardBLS is BSCome on give me a fricken break That's insane

• You have many dogs on that list that I have never seen on any of the BSL's I have researched. I have never seen Labs on a BSL and I have a yellow one. Of course I knew my Rott was on the list because he is banned from the military post I am shipping to in August, :( I will have to live off post because I am keeping him

• BSL=BULL SHlT LAW.I own dobermans and a pit mix. I cant belive the dog stheput on there? Lab? Goldens? PUGS!WTF? They should just put dogs that are NOT on the list, there would be less to sift through.

• no none of my breeds are on this listi own 2 king charles spaniel /poodle mixes and a cocker spaniel mixThe big picture of BSL, BSL is already in effect in England and many US cities. If people keep thinking oh it will never happen to my breed or my state. Then your wrong! And there will be nobody left to stand up for you and your rights. BSL needs to be nipped in the butt before it becomes more widespread. Or one day as most governments would like it they would be even more involved in peoples lives . Soon no one would have any dogs as pets and PETA would have had their way. If you don’t stand up for no BSL your own breed may soon be banned so don’t go thinking it will never effect you.

• yep, my pitbull is on that list.LOL, they are getting really fucking ridiculous.Putting PUGS in the same category as pitbulls.But guess what?I GUESS THAT MEANS A PITBULL...AIN'T NO WORSE THAN A PUG!!RIGHT MOTHER FUC KERS!?!FUC K BSL! FUC K PETA!PS. Considering some of the breeds currently on the list, you would think Chihuahuas should have been on it long ago! But they couldn't do that, too many people would outrage and stop their freaking nonsense!PITBULL LOVER 4 LIFE <3

• of course...For all of those that support this junk:Outlawing these breeds is a bad thing for many reasons.1. Whether the breed has the potential to be dangerous should not be a factor. It is the people that own them that should be dealt with, not the breeds.2. The dogs that are targeted and outlawed automatically become even more desireable to the thugs that make them dangerous. They pride themselves for having "dangerous", illegal dogs3. Dogs owned by responsible people are not the dogs that are causing the problem. Criminals that abuse their dogs are the problem. Dogs can be physically capable of doing harm, without being mentally capable of it without human intrvention. 4. The people that own dangerous dogs do not care about this list. If you come and take away their dog, they will have a new one the next day. Dangerous dogs are not loved by their owners. 5. This list only effects responsible, caring pet owners. It does not effect those that are already criminals.6. If you eliminate one targeted breed, they will just move on to another breed. First it was shar-peis and chow chows, then German Shepherd Dogs, Dobermans, Rottweilers and now Bully breeds...There is no such thing as an unprovoked dog attack unless the dog has a serious medical condition (brain damage, tumor). There is alwas a human behind an attack, whether it is the target of the attack or some other human. You never hear the whole story, because the whole story does not sell newspapers or bump ratings.The people that create these lists and laws are relying on misinformation of the public. They are starting with the potentially dangerous dogs, taking away peoples rights slowly until all pets are eliminated. All bsl is backed by the HSUS and PeTA.These laws don't work, the only result is the family pet's persecution. These organizations are perfectly aware that the only thing that works is higher punishment for owning a TRULY dangerous dog, not based on breed. Stronger punishment for those who have vicious dogs that bite or have the potential to bite are the only things that work. If people know that they can go to jail if their dog bites someone will be less likely to make a dog dangerous than someone who knows the dog will be put down and they'll get a $500 fine....The Humane Society of the United States and PeTA are the ones who are trying to take away our pets. Not protect them. We need to educate ourselves and protect our rights as pet owners and Americans.

• Yes all seven of them! I think this list is just plain crazy! You're right, all dogs will be banned if we keep this up. Any breed of dog is capable of being "dangerous", its all in how the owner raises it. Even a poorly trained Chihuahua could be dangerously aggressive. I've seen more than a few of them in my lifetime.

• Two of mine are on there...the Alapaha and the Pug .... come on now, a pug???? Get real! But then we all know how Pugs are notorious for taking people down..... ****rolls eyes****This whole BSL thing is getting out of hand. I for one don't think anyone should have the right to tell me what kind of dog, cat, bird, whatever I can have. Banning them isn't solving the original problem - stupid owners! And to think the U.S. is the land of the free.....ya right.