Is your dog on the BSL list?

Many people are supporting laws that ban "dangerous" dogs like Pit Bulls. I disagree with these laws. But even so, I think someone who wants to ban Pit Bulls would find this outrageous. There are currently 75 (yes that's right, 75) breeds on Breed…

Many people are supporting laws that ban "dangerous" dogs like Pit Bulls. I disagree with these laws. But even so, I think someone who wants to ban Pit Bulls would find this outrageous. There are currently 75 (yes that's right, 75) breeds on Breed…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is your dog on the BSL list?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is your dog on the BSL list?

Is your dog on the BSL list? Dog Breed Discussions
      Many people are supporting laws that ban "dangerous" dogs like Pit Bulls. I disagree with these laws. But even so, I think someone who wants to ban Pit Bulls would find this outrageous. There are currently 75 (yes that's right, 75) breeds on Breed Specific Legislation. If we keep this up, all dogs will be banned. Is your breed on the list?1. AIREDALE TERRIER2. AKBASH3. AKITA4. ALAPAHA BLUE BLOOD BULLDOG5. ALASKAN MALAMUTE6. ALSATIAN SHEPHERD7. AMERICAN BULLDOG8. AMERICAN HUSKY9. AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER10. AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER11. AMERICAN WOLFDOG12. ANATOLIAN SHEPHERD13. ARIKARA DOG14. AUSTRALIAN CATTLE DOG15. AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD16. BELGIAN MALINOIS17. BELGIAN SHEEPDOG18. BELGIAN TURVUREN19. BLUE HEELER20. BOERBUL21. BORZOI22. BOSTON TERRIER23. BOUVIER DES FLANDRES24. BOXER25. BULLDOG26. BULL TERRIER27. BULL MASTIFF28. CANE CORSO29. CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOG30. CAUCASIAN SHEPHERD31. CHINESE SHAR PEI32. CHOW-CHOW33. COLORADO DOG34. DOBERMAN PINSCHER35. DOGO DE ARGENTINO36. DOGUE DE BORDEAUX37. ENGLISH MASTIFFS38. ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIEL39. ESKIMO DOG40. ESTRELA MOUNTAIN DOG41. FILA BRASILIERO42. FOX TERRIER43. FRENCH BULLDOG44. GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG45. GOLDEN RETRIEVER46. GREENLAND HUSKY47. GREAT DANE48. GREAT PYRANEES49. ITALIAN MASTIFF50. KANGAL DOG51. KEESHOND52. KOMONDOR53. KOTEZEBUE HUSKY54. KUVAZ55. LABRADOR RETRIEVER56. LEONBERGER57. MASTIFF58. NEOPOLITAN MASTIFF59. NEWFOUNDLAND60. OTTERHOUND61. PRESA DE CANARIO62. PRESA DE MALLORQUIN63. PUG64. ROTTWEILER65. SAARLOOS WOLFHOND66. SAINT BERNARD67. SAMOYED68. SCOTTISH DEERHOUND69. SIBERIAN HUSKY70. SPANISH MASTIFF71. STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER72. TIMBER SHEPHERD73. TOSA INU74. TUNDRA SHEPHERD75. WOLF SPITZ

Is your dog on the BSL list? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Not my current dog, but past (and passed, bless their souls) dogs are... how ridiculous is this list!?! Golden Retriever?? Honestly!! Well none of these dogs should be on the list, because the list shouldn't even exist.

• Wow, sad. But I do think we could eliminate a few of those breeds overtime but making it illegal to breed them anymore. Some are just too dangerous. i understand it's all in how you train them but unfortunately there is no screening for potential dog owners. I'm tired of people ignoring the fact that when certain breeds get into the wrong hands it could be fatal. It's not all about prejudice against certain breeds.

• In my city, only pit bulls and rottweilers are banned. You can own the other types as long as they don't attack people or other pets. If your dog mauls a person, it gets put to sleep by animal control to prevent more maulings. The laws are different everywhere. In some towns, you can have as many dogs as you want and you don't even have to keep them in fenced yards. They just run wild in packs. It's crazy.

• Yep, all of my dogs are on there. What gets me is the people that don't care about this because their breed isn't on there. Well, it's just a matter of time before ALL dogs are on there. I won't live anywhere where Pitbulls are banned because I know it's just a matter of time before they get my breed banned too. This is just ridiculous.Added: Golden Retrievers and Great Danes? Can you think of any LESS dangerous dogs? Gimme a break! Poodles are gonna be on there next at this rate.

• Lol yep, my dog is at number 23... This list is stupid and yes I understand that there is "aggressive" dogs out there, but it isn't their fault - it's the owners training/breeding methods and some people just don't understand that.It's ridiculous though, the only thing that is intimidating about a bouvier is its looks and sometimes not even that. They are notoriuosly known for their sweet nature and kindness. One nip can practically put any breed on the list and even then its not necessarily the dog's fault anyway.I mean cmon, what's so horrible about my dog?:http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd113/sura12345/677841911111.jpghttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd113/sura12345/Pups/100_4949.jpgHe's such a sweetheart.. he only looked tough when he was shaved but he is a doll:http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd113/sura12345/602431233111.jpgThe BSL is BS. hahaa:]]

• What? there's a pug on the list, but not a chihuahua or a boston terrier? This would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I heard that even Border Collies were not allowed in Italy, perhaps certain parts of Italy.This cult like need to control what dogs people can own is much more serious than most people realize because each time it is successfully introduced and when challenged in the courts, when BSL is upheld, then where does it stop? There is always room for one more and then AFTER DOGS have been forbidden, what next?With more parents killing their own kids in numbers, that when compared to damage and death attributed to all the dogs in the world combined including WILD DINGOS, occurs make the dog danger issue virtually --ZIP--, then maybe they'll start mandatory sterilization of people who have genetic predictors of undesirable behavior or disease or even poverty. EUGENICS HAS BEEN PRACTICED with people before. Could it happen again? If you don't know about "Eugenics", visit a local Holocaust museum and get familiar with it so you will know the sort of mindset that comes up with these brilliant restrictions, for the "betterment" of society.The list makers for breed restrictions have this mindset.

• Yes, I have two breeds on this list.The groups that are pushing BSL would not find this outrageous, as one of their goals is the elimination of all pet animals, period. They are also pushing for mandatory spay/neuter laws - anything that would help eliminate pet animals. So when you read how many animals are being euthanized at shelters, keep the following in mind: 1. It's a lot less than were put down 30 or 40 years ago, in spite of there being a lot more dogs now than then. 2. The numbers include all species - feral cats, owner surrender dogs, animals that can't be rehomed because of behavioral issues, diseases, etc., reptiles, birds, you name it. It's not just dogs. 3. Most of the numbers and "statistics" quoted to justify BSL and MSN laws are usually badly distorted and skewed. 4. BSL laws do not increase public safety. You're much more likely to be killed or crippled in an automobile, or while riding a motorcycle or bicycle, walking down stairs, and any number of things, than by a dog attack. Something to think about.http://www.naiaonline.orghttp://www.adoa.org

• WOW, Boston terrier??? Fox Terrier? Australian Shepherds? Golden Rets?????Holy mackeral!!!!!!!!!I am involved in anti BSL.....having joined my state pet law group, which acts as a watchdog to prevent new bsl from passing, we just won a small battle in the war when we had local bsl tabled and are working with city attorneys to get it written so that the DEED NOT the BREED is punished.There are many many similar state groups across the US. Just go to yahoogroups and search for your state pet law. You can also google your state and/or citys pet law group. Get involved...and never ever think it "cant happen here"....cuz chances are, it already has and you just dont know it yet!!!

• No, not yet anyways. It's only a matter of time before the morons that come up with this garbage are going to have all dogs on there. I don't support ANY law that bans ANY breed of dog. I find it to be a bunch of nonsense.