my dog wont eat his dog food and hes 4 years old?

My dog is 4years old and he wont eat his canned dog food , he was eating it perfectly but one day he just sniffed it and walked away he's gone almost a week without eating . he will only eat human food and food that comes in bags what do i do????

My dog is 4years old and he wont eat his canned dog food , he was eating it perfectly but one day he just sniffed it and walked away he's gone almost a week without eating . he will only eat human food and food that comes in bags what do i do????...
    General Dog Discussions : my dog wont eat his dog food and hes 4 years old?...

• my dog wont eat his dog food and hes 4 years old?

my dog wont eat his dog food and hes 4 years old? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is 4years old and he wont eat his canned dog food , he was eating it perfectly but one day he just sniffed it and walked away he's gone almost a week without eating . he will only eat human food and food that comes in bags what do i do????

my dog wont eat his dog food and hes 4 years old? General Dog Discussions
    • Dogs that "refuse" to eat perfectly acceptable dog food, 95% of the time, need to run their fat butts until they're hungry. Seriously, most people's canines are out of shape, lazy dogs that have no appetite because they don't build hunger. Since most owners are mentally weaker than their dogs, they end up feeding people food for fear of starving their pets. Try an increasing exercise regiment and cut off the people food. Your dog will eat his food. Honest. Oh, and it is ok for them to fast for a couple days as long as they continue taking water. They only need a vet visit if they stop drinking water.

• Will he eat dry dog food? Because unless your vet told you to feed canned, dry dog food is better for the teeth, breath, and general health.You could try mixing dry and canned,orwarming up the canned food (it releases the scent and makes it more enticing) you can even add something to the food that has a strong scent (like garlic)