why are alot of you people who reply to our question's about dog's so rude?

does it ever enter the heads of you that maybe we actualy want a bit of friendly helpful advice and not just aload of insults?!?does it ever enter your head that maybe the ones asking the questions have been recomened this site for good advice or that…

does it ever enter the heads of you that maybe we actualy want a bit of friendly helpful advice and not just aload of insults?!?does it ever enter your head that maybe the ones asking the questions have been recomened this site for good advice or that…...
    General Dog Discussions : why are alot of you people who reply to our question's about dog's so rude?...

• why are alot of you people who reply to our question's about dog's so rude?

why are alot of you people who reply to our question's about dog's so rude? General Dog Discussions
      does it ever enter the heads of you that maybe we actualy want a bit of friendly helpful advice and not just aload of insults?!?does it ever enter your head that maybe the ones asking the questions have been recomened this site for good advice or that like myself when i asked a question on monday that we cant get the help or advive we need from friends/family due to personal problems?not everybody breeding their dog is doing it for the money & not everyone has access to the information they need.im lucky enough to come from a family of breeders but due to the fact that my 5year old brother has cancer i cant get all advice i need from my family at the mo,due to the fact that they've more important things on their minds!!!its wrong of you to think that your better or have the right to insult people for asking questions,afterall isin't that more responseble than struggleling on their own?if you treat people like that they wont have the confidance to ask questions putting the dogs at riski understand that you proberbly get sick of people breeding for the wrong reason's or the fact that they know nothing but you can only put so much in to a question and the obvious thing's like the average gestation period for a dog is 9 week's and take them to a vet, would think you'd have guest we would already know that. in my last question i was asking for advice on stafford's and if they were differen't in particular! alot advice you get is conflicting so asking for extra can't hurt! and as for the fact that my brother has cancer you can't wake up one day and decide, i know... let's find out that my brother has cancer! if you've delt with that then you shpuld know you can't always time thing's to work around an illness!

why are alot of you people who reply to our question's about dog's so rude? General Dog Discussions
    • ya, when giving ppl help what hurt them?? it is one thing when they say something and you defending you postion it is another when they really dont know and need help. "If you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all"- thumper the rabit

• Some people do insult others on here because they have an opinion. I still think that not breeding is wrong whether you are doing it to make money or not. Hre's some info:What do "spay" and "neuter" really mean? Female dogs and cats are spayed by removing their reproductive organs, and male dogs and cats are neutered by removing their testicles. In both cases the operation is performed while the pet is under anesthesia. Depending on your pet's age, size, and health, he or she will stay at your veterinarian's office for a few hours or a few days. Depending upon the procedure, your pet may need stitches removed after a few days. Your veterinarian can fully explain spay and neuter procedures to you and discuss with you the best age at which to sterilize your pet.Spaying or Neutering Is Good for Your PetSpaying and neutering helps dogs and cats live longer, healthier lives. Spaying and neutering can eliminate or reduce the incidence of a number of health problems that can be very difficult or expensive to treat. Spaying eliminates the possibility of uterine or ovarian cancer and greatly reduces the incidence of breast cancer, particularly when your pet is spayed before her first estrous cycle. Neutering eliminates testicular cancer and decreases the incidence of prostate disease.Spaying or Neutering Is Good for YouSpaying and neutering makes pets better, more affectionate companions. Neutering cats makes them less likely to spray and mark territory. Spaying a dog or cat eliminates her heat cycle. Estrus lasts an average of six to 12 days, often twice a year, in dogs and an average of six to seven days, three or more times a year, in cats. Females in heat can cry incessantly, show nervous behavior, and attract unwanted male animals. Unsterilized animals often exhibit more behavior and temperament problems than do those who have been spayed or neutered. Spaying and neutering can make pets less likely to bite. Neutering makes pets less likely to roam the neighborhood, run away, or get into fights.Spaying and Neutering Are Good for the CommunityCommunities spend millions of dollars to control unwanted animals. Irresponsible breeding contributes to the problem of dog bites and attacks. Animal shelters are overburdened with surplus animals. Stray pets and homeless animals get into trash containers, defecate in public areas or on private lawns, and frighten or anger people who have no understanding of their misery or needs. Some stray animals also scare away or kill birds and wildlife.Fix That Bunny!When being conscientious about the pet overpopulation, don’t forget to spay or neuter your pet rabbit. Altering rabbits can reduce hormone-driven behavior such as lunging, mounting, spraying, and boxing. Spaying females can prevent ovarian, mammarian, and uterine cancers, which can be prevalent in mature does. Also, rabbits reproduce faster than dogs or cats and are the third-most surrendered animal to shelters.Spay or neuter surgery carries a one-time cost that is relatively small when one considers its benefits. It's a small price to pay for the health of your pet and the prevention of more unwanted animals.

• Many of us meanies are trying to help people realize that they ARE putting their dogs at risk, whether they like it or not. Also, no matter what is going on, you can always find a reputable breeder to call for advice, rather than hoping a pack of strangers will answer your question.Personally, I find "rude" answers to be the ones that are irrelevant, stupid, or spewed nonsense - things along the lines of "ur dog is ghey" and "beat ur dog" instead of addressing the real issues. I'm guilty of being off-topic, but I have never been outright RUDE - not to my knowledge. Feel free to inform me otherwise.EDIT: I know you can't plan an illness - my mom had cancer. But it's no excuse to not be responsible or to do your best. Some people are worse than others - both in asking dumb questions and giving dumb answers.

• I agree with you. Ive seen ppl being insulted that just want the right answer. I come on yahoo answers so people can help me. I have gotten some stupid answers. Also, if anybody out there still can, I have a few questions on rats and Degus I still need help answering and they are open. Thanks. P.S. I'm sorry for your brother. I hope he gets better. :]

• I agree with you. I never leave rude answers, I don't like to hurt anyones feelings. If I see a question that makes me mad then I don't answer it. I can't see why others can't do the same.If others simply want 2 points than the polls and surveys section is a better place for that. http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylt=AnODTZcsuv_aDmtUhduhfLHOxQt.?sid=396546444&cp=1&tp=498

• I think it's mainly because people take care of their pets differnt so when some people hear about a dog without it's own bed and silver platter they freak, and there are those who are asking questions like "my dogs bleeding from its eyes and ears, i dont want to take it to the vet, what should i do." and frankley after seeing those post over and over some people become a little hsort tempered..As for breeding your dog, if you cant get access to information, ask a vet or vet assistant, many will give you free advice. It really isn't something you should go into blindly.I think the main reason people get ticked about people breeding their dogs, is because so many are getting put down and chances are at least on of your puppies will go to a family that does such.Sorry about your little bro. Best of luck.

• It is very true, some people see ignorance and see it as stupidity. There is a very big difference, ignorance is when you don't know something and want to learn, stupidity is a very bad disses that many times comes with arrogance, insults and attitude. People do ask honest questions, because they want answers. and the people that insult and have smart as* remarks are simply people that can not comprehend that other people want to educate them self's which is why they ask questions.

• I looked at your last question and in my opinion, nobody was rude. They were simply stating facts. Telling you your dog is too young to be bred is not rude - IT'S A FACT!!If you and your family have better things on your mind, like a sick brother, then maybe that was a good sign that you could not devote enough time to this dog and you shouldn't have bred her.If you can't take the truthful answers, don't ask the question.By the way, my five year old nephew DIED of cancer, so I know the situation very well. No, you can't time things around an illness, but an illness also isn't a license to be irresponsible. I helped my sister care for her child in the hospital and still managed to go to school full time and work a part time job, so an illness is not an excuse for ignorance nor irresponsibility.

• I find it hard to believe that someone who comes from "a family of dog breeders" doesn't know how long gestation is or know a single breeder or vet that they can ask.And if everybody is so busy dealing with this cancer patient that they can't answer this simple question, then why was the dog bred? Breeding is a time-consuming endeavor.We're "rude" because we're sick and tired of people breeding first and asking questions later, endangering the lives of dogs and puppies. We're telling you what you need to know, not what you want to hear.Hey, you asked.....

• If people had been smart enough to educate themselves BEFORE breeding, and would LISTEN to what they are being told aobut how to breed responsibly, they wouldn't have to ask questions similar to, "Why is my puppy's head rolling around at the end of its neck and it can't move, can't eat, won't drink or potty...and don't tell me I need a vet because I can't afford it? Oh! And how much should I sell these mixed breed puppies for then?" Then that same person wouldn't have to tell us proudly how she finally took the pup to a vet and had it euthanized after the vet informed her it had been suffering three days with a broken neck, and ask us to tell her how wonderful she is.Why can't people who are given GOOD advice from very knowledgeable top contributors who have DECADES of experience in responsible breeding and showing accept it, instead of waiting til some loser finally tells them it is OK to breed your genetically blind sheltidachsahuahua with your pitarottiman who likes to eat children for lunch? (And while I'm at it, WHY does YA give a top contributor rating to bozos with no experience who offer dangerous advice?)If you have a family of responsible breeders, why don't you have a network of fellow show exhibitors who can mentor you since your family has such a sad situation with your 5 year old brother? Certainly someone in your breed will help you if you've been showing and breeding for generations. (BTW, I pray your brother will recover and be cured.)When breeding for whatever motivation, the prime objective should be healthy dogs! Breeding without genetic testing is just foolish and irresponsible. Breeding without knowing what to expect and without having the ready funds to treat any emergencies is irresponsible. Breeding without having the welfare of the parents and the pups in mind is irresponsible. Not knowing the home you place your pups in and not keeping track of those pups and being willing to take them back at any time so they don't go into rescues and shelters is irresponsible. Is asking this board a bunch of questions because you didn't prepare properly for bringing life into this world a step above irresponsible? Just a tiny one.