Chihuahuas and children?

Hey i'm looking at purchasing a chihuahua puppy and i have 3 kids ages 3,4 and 6.Could anyone tell me how the dogs interact with younger children

Chihuahuas and children?

Hey i'm looking at purchasing a chihuahua puppy and i have 3 kids ages 3,4 and 6.Could anyone tell me how the dogs interact with younger children...
    General Dog Discussions : Chihuahuas and children?...

• ok, i have 2 chihuahuas and 5 kids, a 3 yr old 7 yr old 12,13 and 14 yr old. My chihuahuas get along fine with my kids, you will need to teach your kids and your chihuahuas to respect each other, we have had our chihuahuas for 3 years and have all co existed.

• I don't recommend a chi(aka chihuahua) for young children. Chi's are not good with young children(my sister is 8 and my chi doesn't like her or her friends very much.). The dog could get hurt easy. (I remember when my 4 yr old neighbor used to come and visit. She would pick up my chi the wrong way and when she was done holding her she would throw her onto the ground.) As for the children's safety. If a Chihuahua gets angry enough it will nip/bite the child.