Help! I need some advice from someone whos been through it! My pet died!?

I had Phoebe, My beloved Guinea Pig, for about 6 years. I got her when I was in 3rd grade, now im in 9th grade and 14 years old. She was my Favorite thing in the world, I took very good care of her and played with her every day. I Love Phoebe so much.…

I had Phoebe, My beloved Guinea Pig, for about 6 years. I got her when I was in 3rd grade, now im in 9th grade and 14 years old. She was my Favorite thing in the world, I took very good care of her and played with her every day. I Love Phoebe so much.…...
    General Dog Discussions : Help! I need some advice from someone whos been through it! My pet died!?...

• Help! I need some advice from someone whos been through it! My pet died!?

Help! I need some advice from someone whos been through it! My pet died!? General Dog Discussions
      I had Phoebe, My beloved Guinea Pig, for about 6 years. I got her when I was in 3rd grade, now im in 9th grade and 14 years old. She was my Favorite thing in the world, I took very good care of her and played with her every day. I Love Phoebe so much. Yesterday morning I woke up to get ready for school and when I went to check on her food/water she was lying there, dead, I broke down in uncountable sobbing for hours. Later that day I buried her in my back yard. Ever sense then I've been very depressed and can't stop crying. I can't believe she's really gone, it came without warning, she wasn't acting slow or sick or anything. I love my Guinea Pig as much (or more) than someone could love a dog. I can't concentrate in school and can't get it off my mind. So im asking anyone who has experienced this pain of loosing a pet who was close to you to please leave me your advice.Thanks Guy, your words have been really helpful.

Help! I need some advice from someone whos been through it! My pet died!? General Dog Discussions
    • I lost my dog 2 year ago in 6 grade and I had her my whole life I cried for a little bit but u just have to push past it. Maybe get another guinea pig or another animal.Hope you can get past it. Maybe go to ur guidance counselor for help

• your grieving. it happens. it takes time to get over the emotions of losing someone close to u. u will eventually understand that it was phoebes time and 6years is a long time for a guinea pig. hopfully one day u can give ur love to another lucky pig just not anytime soon. greave for phoebe and when your ready love another pet in the same way and u will have as much eenjoyment and love as u did with her, sorry for your loss, X

• Oh Dear Morgan. I really do not envy your tough spot at all. Guinea Pigs are the sweetest most lovable pets I have had, and the bond that you create with them is awesome.Are you planning on getting yourself a new friend? I would if I were you, and I know there is no way to replace Pheobe, but think of the wonderful, happy life you can offer one of the many beautiful deserving Cavies out there that really need someone like you.You are a Guinea Pigs dream. Phoebe lived a jolly life and you gave her everything she needed and more. I know you are so sad hon, and you will always remember and miss her. Just don't deprive yourself of Cavy company, you need some piggy purrs and a pig needs you too.You can add me as a contact if you want. I would love to see pics of P.Wheek Wheek Morgan.

• I know it's hard, I had four guinea pigs. I'm almost crying just thinking about it! I am so so so sorry for your loss. Phoebe sounds like a nice piggy. You're a nice owner and don't worry, you'll see Phoebe on the Rainbow Bridge in heaven! My guinea pig died not to long ago, and I wasn't very distraught because the poor thing was sick and suffering with many illnesses. And don't get me wrong, we took him to the vet and got him proper care, but there is only so much you can do, you know? I wasn't sad because he was now not sick, or suffering. And every night I talk to him and say how much I miss him. And you know what bothers me? My friends, not my close friends, didn't care! They were so unsupportive so now I want to help you. I know what it feels like and I'm sorry. Phoebe had a longer than average life. Even if you get more, just never forget her. I'm really sorry!

• As someone who has owned a lot of pets, I've also lost a lot of pets.It will take time for the feelings to pass, just don't hide them and don't let anyone tell you "get over it". Make sure you get your feelings out. Create a memorial for her, and remember the times she made you laugh, how she made you happy. Remember that you gave her a great life and took care of her a lot better than what a lot of people do with guniea pigs.Eventually the pain will lessen and you will be able to think of her without getting upset, and when you feel ready get another pet, even though no other pet can replace Phoebe, it does help to share your love with another animal.Its never easy, but time does help.I'm so sorry for your loss

• I'm so sorry for your lost. I lost a dog couple years back and eventually my mom got me another one in about a year later. just remember how good of a pet she was and i think she would want you to be happy and live life to the fullest. I hope you feel better :)

• You are so SWEET!!!But honestly, everything has to go now and then. Death is just a way of saying that God wants it back.My hamster died too... :'(but don't worry. If you want something to get it off your mind; Go to Poptropica.comPlus,I am also 14 years old. I really, truly and sincerely hopes this helps.

• omg i feel so sorry 4 u. my guinea pig Rodney died a year and a half ago he lived 2b 8 yrs. it took me at least from the day he passed til a month ago. i said 2 myself he is in a better place now and i have too try 2 get over it evan though i miss him. he would follow me every where when i let him out of his cage. i woke up ans it was saturday and i was going to check on him.when i walked in i did not hear him week he was dead in his house R.I.P Rodney i miss u

• Tell yourself that she had a wonderful life and a rewarding bond with you and you will remember the great things, not staying focused on death. Also, tell her you will never forget her and she will always be special to you. The most important thing you can tell yourself in order to move on is that death is a normal part of life and it was just her time.