Adopted australian terrier is very very aggressive when at home?

ok the story goes like this:I own a pet grooming shop and last week, i adopted this australian terrier 6years old from this old lady(~75yo) she has to give up cos she is staying with her son n his family n that she said that she no longer can take care…

ok the story goes like this:I own a pet grooming shop and last week, i adopted this australian terrier 6years old from this old lady(~75yo) she has to give up cos she is staying with her son n his family n that she said that she no longer can take care…...
    General Dog Discussions : Adopted australian terrier is very very aggressive when at home?...

• Adopted australian terrier is very very aggressive when at home?

Adopted australian terrier is very very aggressive when at home? General Dog Discussions
      ok the story goes like this:I own a pet grooming shop and last week, i adopted this australian terrier 6years old from this old lady(~75yo) she has to give up cos she is staying with her son n his family n that she said that she no longer can take care of him anymore. that was what she told us.when we first visited him below the apartment of the lady, he was perfectly fine, cute, cuddly turns over n lets u pat etc. He reacts to his name and is not aggressive at all.when we went to her house to take the dog's items, we found out that he was leashed at the back kitchen. we didnt think much then since he was so perfect. The lady told us that she will send it to spca if no one takes him.however, when we brought him home and to our grooming shop we tried to do basic grooming on him which he reacted crazily n we even have to muzzle him cos he bites. After that, everything went downhill. His true colors started to appear. he growls crazily(baring all teeth and growls loudly). we didnt even hit him whatsoever. As days go by, he turned more aggressive. when he's at places he is familiar with eg shop n home, we cant even pat him properly. he growls everytime. BUT he is ok with strangers like when we first met him. he stares into our eyes n growls. ever a few times we caught him peeing n marking and we stop him n said "NO" n he went crazy, he growls non stop. we put him into the play pen when he growls, however, every time we walk near it n try to talk to him, he growls even more. he even attempts to bite us from the cage.another incident, we brought him to the park n walk. he walks perfectly perfect. he listens, follows, lets us pat like a totally different dog. but when we brought him back to the car n put him behind he was still ok. things got nasty again when we turn our heads back and look at him. he bares all teeth n growls again loudly.pls help us.. we really dont know what to do n we dont want to send him to spca bcos his aggressiveness will make them put him to sleep. we found out that when he's outside at neutral ground, he is totally okay. he can be the most adorable dog when he;s outside. but at home n the shop. he becomes a demon.plsplsplsplspls help us. now we cant keep him at home anymore as im staying with my girlfriend n her parents n earlier he went nuts n attacked my gf but didnt manage to n her parents are very pissed now n we cant keep him at homealso, do i muzzle him only at home and at the shop? cos other places he is okay but only at home.

Adopted australian terrier is very very aggressive when at home? General Dog Discussions
    • This dog is a walking law suit. Unless you are willing to do some serious training he will eventually bite someone/you or harm another pet. In addition grooming is an important part of regular dog care so is seeing a vet for treatments. These types of personality issues are not because of abuse, its breed based. I would return him to the shelter and ask why he wasn't evaluated before being placed for adoption.

• Take it for a one way trip to the vet and ask for blue juice. There are reasons why people give away/sell these dogs, you just found out the hard way. The dog is a liability and it WILL bite someone. Hope I helped.

• IT sounds as though this dog has had a bad past. Either abused and mistreated or because of someone not understanding his needs he wasn't trained or exercised properly.He also sounds crate shy. Which means any small space he feels vulnerable.Its going to take time and patience to work with this dog. And probably professional help.It is my suggestion that if you cannot do this for him, that you find someone that can. Don't compromise on this dog. Don't just turn him over to someone unless you know they are going to provide the help that he needs.

• Your dog has problems You need a really good dog trainer (Cesar millan) You can contact him on his website. ( Cesarsway.com ) Or at the link below Whatever a trainer says DO NOT PUT HIM DOWN i hate it when people kill a perfectly good dog