I'm planning to get a dog?

either a Bull terrier or an English <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/">bulldog</a>, what should i get and why?

either a Bull terrier or an English <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/">bulldog</a>, what should i get and why?...
    General Dog Discussions : I'm planning to get a dog?...

• I'm planning to get a dog?

I'm planning to get a dog? General Dog Discussions
      either a Bull terrier or an English bulldog, what should i get and why?

I'm planning to get a dog? General Dog Discussions
    • First contact Bull terrier or English bulldog rescues. They have purebreds, and they are rescued. Second, ask them and they will tell you the benifits, their issues, as far as health problems etc. Trust me on this they love these animals unlike some breeders

• I don't know you at all, or what kind of dog you would do well with, but *I* would opt for the Bull Terrier in a heartbeat! They are MUCH higher energy (i.e. more work <G>), MUCH smarter (bulldogs are... ummm... not intellectually gifted), much more fun in every way. Plus, you can sleep in the same room with them and not be kept up by snorting and snoring all night. Bull Terriers are generally VERY pugnacious with other dogs... they do not play nice! If having a dog-friendly dog is important to you, you might not want to go there (but,please, think of another alternative than a bulldog... b-o-o-o-oring!). I don't know anything about the health concerns with Bull Terriers, but bulldogs are prone to lots of medical crap (skin, joint, allergy, etc.).Yeah, I'm voting for a Bull Terrier!

• These are some of the breed highlights of Bull Terrier and English Bulldog:The Bull Terrier is strong-willed and can be difficult to train. He's not recommended for timid or first-time dog owners. They aren't suited for cold, damp climates. Keep your Bull Terrier warm with a coat or sweater in winter. These aren't high maintenance dogs, grooming-wise. A weekly brushing and occasional wipe-down with a damp cloth is usually all it takes to keeps them clean, although they must be brushed more frequently during twice-yearly shedding periods.Bulldogs can be stubborn and lazy. They can't tolerate heat and humidity. Bulldogs are sensitive to cold weather. They wheeze, snort, and snore. They also are prone to sleep apnea. Bulldogs are well-known for having flatulence. If this problem seems excessive with yours, talk to your vet. Bulldogs' short noses make them prone to a number of respiratory ailments.Check the following links for more information.http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/bull-terrier/breed-highlightshttp://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/bulldog/breed-highlights

• Other tips to remember1. NEVER buy a PUPPY younger then 8WEEK old!They need to remain with the litter until that age to develope proper behavioural and socialiation skills2. NEVER BUY A PUPPY just LOOKS, colour, looks, fur type alone-NO INDICATION OF DOGS TEMPERMENT!3. Consider your lifestyle4. Are you out more then 8hours a day5. Consider your energy requirements, Size, Grooming.6. Don't just buy because someone says this is the dog for you, people particular on yahoo answer will give you there particular favourite breed& what suits them, not what actually suit you.7. Read all you can-THERE are alot of false information on the web and in books about different dog breed.8. DON'T TRUST THOSE DOG BREED SELECTORS-MOST OF THE RESULTS ARE INCORRECT. Ex i search large breed dogs, and the Pomeranian came up, which of cause is a toy dog breed!!9. NEVER BUY A TOY/SMALL BREED DOG FOR CHILDREN UNDER 8YRS OLD, However, toy/small breeds are best suited to children 10yr+, Most shelters will only rehome toy/small breed if the children are 10yrs+, Also toy/small breeds are extremely fragile and children cannot help being clumsy, remember a toy/small breed dog could be injured or killed by accidently dropping them on the patio, also they can be killed by jumping from the couch, etc. 10. Never BUY A DOG, CAT, BIRD OR RABBIT OR GUINEA PIG AS CHRISTMAS, BIRTHDAY, NEW YEAR'S DAY OR ANY SPECIAL DAY, AS MANY PEOPLE JUST DON'T HAVE THE TIME, PATIENCE TO TRAIN OR LOOK AFTER A PET, ALSO MANY PEOPLE RENTING, LANDLORD'S DON'T ALLOW PETS.11. NEVER BUY FROM A PETSTORE, BACKYARD BREEDER, PUPPY MILL OR NEWSPAPER, DON'T BUY FROM NEXT DAY PETS OR DOG BREED INFO, RESCUE AN ADULT DOG OR SHELTER PUPPY! 12. Are you willing to give up holidays to care and train and socialize your pup until its old enough to stay home around 1yr old on its own, with someone coming by to check on it, feed and water and walk it and play with it? 13. REMEMBER UNLIKE PIECES OF CLOTHING THAT CAN BE THROWN AWAY, DOGS ARE LIVING ANIMALS AND CANNOT BE DISPOSED OFF, IT IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT FOR A DOG 5 YEAR OLD TO ACTUAL BE REHOMED, DOGS 7YEARS AND OVER VERY RARELY FIND A NEW HOME THAT THEY DESERVE, THEY ARE PUT DOWN DUE TO NOT ENOUGH HOMES AND ALSO BECAUSE THEY ARE CONSIDERED TOO OLD. IF YOU DO THINK OF MOVING EVEN LONGTERM FUTURE, ALWAY WHEN POSSIBLE TO TAKE YOUR DOG WITH YOU. IT IS UNNECCESS TO DUMP A DOG IN A SHELTER, JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE MOVING, EVEN IF YOU ARE MOVING OVERSEAS. Bull Terrier& MINATURE BULL TERRIER-REQUIRE 4KM DAILY WALKSIf you want a dog who... Is moderately sized with a muscular build Looks very unusual, with an egg-shaped head, large prick ears, and tiny triangular eyes sunk deeply in his head Has a short easy-care coat Is rowdy and clownish, full of energy and fire Thrives on lots of exercise and vigorous athletic games Looks imposing, so makes an effective deterrent, but is usually non-aggressive with strangers An English Bull Terrier or Miniature Bull Terrier may be right for you.If you don't want to deal with... Vigorous exercise requirements Rowdiness, exuberant jumping, and a tendency to play rough Destructiveness when bored or left alone too much Aggression or fearfulness toward people in some lines, or when not socialized enough Aggression toward other animals Strong-willed mind of his own, requiring a confident owner who can take charge Shedding Serious health problems Legal liabilities (public perception, future breed bans, insurance problems, increased chance of lawsuits) An English Bull Terrier or Miniature Bull Terrier may not be right for you.http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/bullterriers.html

• hi,to know what type of dog will suit you, you can use this dog finder match up http://dogtime.com/matchup/startthe goal here is to help you figure out what type of dog best suits you and your personality. The results of the match up will suggest certain breeds.hope this helps