Dog breeding? quick question?

is 7years too old for a dog to get pregnant? (Siberian husky) if not then when?thank you in advance!!!

is 7years too old for a dog to get pregnant? (Siberian husky) if not then when?thank you in advance!!!...
    General Dog Discussions : Dog breeding? quick question?...

• Dog breeding? quick question?

Dog breeding? quick question? General Dog Discussions
      is 7years too old for a dog to get pregnant? (Siberian husky) if not then when?thank you in advance!!!

Dog breeding? quick question? General Dog Discussions
    • First litter? Way too old! It takes time, patience and a truck load of pain, don't put your poor 7 year old dog through it!Also, there are enough unwanted pups in the world, we don't need more. Spay her, PLEASE!It is a very costly and time consuming job to breed pups, and how much ever you want to keep them, you cant. Please, don't breed her!

• I wouldn't breed a b*tch for the first time after age 5. But the Siberian Husky Club of America's Guidelines for Ethical Breeding says any age from 2 till 9 is OK.

• 7 is too old to safely breed. Reputable breeders ussually retire their females ate 5-6 years. the only time they might breed a b*tch that old is if she is in excellent health- had a recent exam from a vet, has produced excellent puppies, and has had NO complications at all with previous litters/whelping. she "can" get pregnant.. but it is not safe for her at this age, odds of complications increase with age. the odds of birth defects also increases as the female ages.

• It would most likely kill her. If you want to be a breeder than I suggest you hire a breeding mentor or you know ACTUALLY MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING?!? Also a tip to remember is that a good breeder loses money if they take care of the pups right and take mom and pups to the vet before and after they are born. Breeding is a hobby not a career. You should breed dogs to make the breed better. If she is already pregnant like I said that will most likely kill her or she won't be able to give birth and it will kill all the pups best thing to do is get a quick spay. Also a good breeding age is three. When they turn two they are done growing inside and out but you should give them till three so she will have a stronger instinct to take care of her pups. Some moms can reject them all together. Then she should be retired at age four.

• 7 yrs old is too old.i'm sure there are a lot of homeless huskies in the world, anyway. bringing another litter into the mix is just additional wastes of life.and i'm sure you know, huskies aren't for everyone.... they are unique dogs, and need a special type of person to share life with. MOST people are not this type!