What is the best guard dog???

i have a small piece of land and i am looking for a type of dog that will guard our ranch with animals but that wont attack them.are german sheperds the best???a type of dog that will attack or at least frighten other wild animals that come to eat our…

What is the best guard dog???

i have a small piece of land and i am looking for a type of dog that will guard our ranch with animals but that wont attack them.are german sheperds the best???a type of dog that will attack or at least frighten other wild animals that come to eat our…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the best guard dog???...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Its never a good idea to buy a dog soley for guarding. The dog needs to be part of the family first. Someone that knows what they are doing then needs to train it to do what you want it to do. It has to properly be introduced to animals as a young dog, and then it needs to know its boundaries. If you buy a dog, and then just put it outside and say "go guard" its not going to know the first thing about what to do. As for breeds you need to research those that are bred to guard animals. German Shepherds are pretty good, someone said Border Collies. Thats good. Some of these dogs are better being around animals and gaurding them and the farm.Anatolian ShepherdsKuvaszGreat PyreneesKomodorsAkbashIf you want to just guard animals the best is really a Llama no lie!!