whats the best way to get rid of fleas?

my 8year old cat hardly gets them, but when he does i just have to comb and comb as nothing works to kill the little blighters, but now i've ended up having a kittne we believe to be 8-12 weeks old and the previous owner ( an absolute idiot who is…

my 8year old cat hardly gets them, but when he does i just have to comb and comb as nothing works to kill the little blighters, but now i've ended up having a kittne we believe to be 8-12 weeks old and the previous owner ( an absolute idiot who is…...
    General Dog Discussions : whats the best way to get rid of fleas?...

• whats the best way to get rid of fleas?

whats the best way to get rid of fleas? General Dog Discussions
      my 8year old cat hardly gets them, but when he does i just have to comb and comb as nothing works to kill the little blighters, but now i've ended up having a kittne we believe to be 8-12 weeks old and the previous owner ( an absolute idiot who is something to do with my dads girlfriends family ) clearly hasnt looked after her and she is riddled with the things - she is swimming with fleas. The kitten sleeps in seperate room to the other animals so we can avoid the 8year old cat or my dog catching them and they are checked, but how and with what do i treat this kitten because with there being so many fleas, i dont think combing will get them all. what can i use to kill the fleas on the kitten and which treatments have you found most effective?can frontline be given to such a oung cat though? what is the age guideline?YOUNG not oung

whats the best way to get rid of fleas? General Dog Discussions
    • Ok, I use Frontline spray on both my dogs and cats.The spray works for both and I find To me it works better than the tubes. I have tried bio spot and others.But Oly to have them return within days.I used to use advantage and It made one of My rescue kitties sick.So I turned to Frontline spray.Advantage worked great on th eother cats but once it made the lil kitty sick I starting using The Frontline spray and my cats,dogs and home is now flea freee.I do not purchase it at my vets office though.I get it alot cheaper thru a online store.I save about $10.00 a bottle.They also sell the tubes and quiet a few other products for fleas, but This is the only thing that works for my household.Good luck.

• I buy stronghold from the vets, I think u can only buy from the vets, you just part the hair on the cats neck and squirt the liquid onto the skin and the next day the fleas should have died off and it protects them for 2-3 months.Its dead important to treat your kitty asap as its a kitten it could become anaemic and it can be fatal in kittens, they literally suck all the blood out of the kitten :(

• Frontline. The spot-on can be used on cats and dogs from 8 weeks of age, and the spray can be used on cats and dogs from 2 days of age.Combing does not get rid of fleas. Neither do any products from any stores - you need to go to a vets for the proper stuff. You will need to treat your other cat because fleas are great movers, and being in a different room will be no obstacle to them getting to your other cat!!Chalice

• You can use Frontline for cats as young as 8 weeks. You can get some Capstar in the mean time as this will start to kill the fleas within 1/2 an hour. Flea infestation can kill a kitten very quickly as they suck the blood and the kitten become anemic.I would only bathe the kitten if you are desperate and have nothing else as kittens cannot regulate their own body temperatures at this age and can become too cold. If you bathe her do it in a warm bathroom and have a dryer warmed towel ready and rub her gently until she is dry and warm again.

• I always used Advantage from the vet. I also use vinegar mixed with water. My dog has flea allergies so I put garlic powder mixed in her dog food I also give her garlic pills. I bathe her with flea shampoo an baby shampoo an she hasn't had a flea in 6 years. I would give it a try an see how it works.

• Take her to the vet and get her a prscription for Frontline. How it works is the fleas die as soon as, they bite the animal. Forget the flea collars and flea dips-they are only temporary whereas Frontline will last a lot longer.

• take the kitten to the vet and have them advise you till then give kitty a bath with a non medicated kitten safe non flea shampoo, plus if you can go check at the local pet store i do believe frontline or revolution make a treatment especially for kittens when i first got my kitty she was maybe between 6 and 8 weeks old dumped stray and also swimming in fleas, i let the vet treat her but it was still a spot on the neck treatment like revolution. i took her to the vet because as a kitten that many fleas can cause anaemia, but she was just fine.