whats the best way to get my 8year old dog to stop pooping on the carpet....this habit just started?

whats the best way to get my 8year old dog to stop pooping on the carpet....this habit just started?

whats the best way to get my 8year old dog to stop pooping on the carpet....this habit just started?...
    General Dog Discussions : whats the best way to get my 8year old dog to stop pooping on the carpet....this habit just started?...

• whats the best way to get my 8year old dog to stop pooping on the carpet....this habit just started?

whats the best way to get my 8year old dog to stop pooping on the carpet....this habit just started? General Dog Discussions

whats the best way to get my 8year old dog to stop pooping on the carpet....this habit just started? General Dog Discussions
    • you probably have changed something that used to be a regular thing in the dog's life and it doesn't like it. It's sort of rebelling. Maybe you are paying less attention to it? A new pet? Change of diet

• You've had this dog for eight years and it's just starting? If this is the case, I would take the dog to the veternarian. It sounds like there could be something wrong. Dogs usually don't just start going after they have been trained....especially for eight years. There could be an underlying problem. Good luck!

• try taking it to the vet, as animals get older their bladders get more relaxed and they need more walks and maybe some medicine. The vet can explain all your options to you, it could be even kidney stones, which are life threatenening to a dog so I suggest you act now.

• I think this is not normal. All of sudden, this 8 years old dog starting pooping on the carpet. I think he/she is mad with something or he/she need some attention. Did you go to the vet? Did you change something in the house, like your carpet??? I believe he/she don't like something.

• Could be he needs to see the vet...or something has changed in his world. New baby? New food? Too much human treats? New house? etc?It also depends on the breed. My Bernese Mountain dog is OLD at 8, so if you have a large breed dog, he may be getting older.Consider kennel training him. Put him in a large crate or smallllll room and only letting him out to poop, play etc. Just as you train a puppy. When he goes outside, dance around and tell him how wonderful he is.