advice needed for my sick dog?

i have an 8year old g.s.d she keeps on being sick and been like it for the last few days i took her vets today where they told me she got a high temp and prescribed 2 lots of antibiotics and gave her 2 lots of medicine through an injection since she came…

i have an 8year old g.s.d she keeps on being sick and been like it for the last few days i took her vets today where they told me she got a high temp and prescribed 2 lots of antibiotics and gave her 2 lots of medicine through an injection since she came…...
    General Dog Discussions : advice needed for my sick dog?...

• advice needed for my sick dog?

advice needed for my sick dog? General Dog Discussions
      i have an 8year old g.s.d she keeps on being sick and been like it for the last few days i took her vets today where they told me she got a high temp and prescribed 2 lots of antibiotics and gave her 2 lots of medicine through an injection since she came she seems worse dribbling alot and and has become very lethargic

advice needed for my sick dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Watch her very carefully tonight and give antibiotics time to work. If she is lethargic but comfortable let her sleep. In the morning look for some improvement and if she is worse or refuses to eat and drink call the vet again and discuss her condition with him/her. If she becomes dehydrated she may need to be put on an IV. Eight years old is not a young dog and you may need to make a decision about her care but only after you consult with vet and truely understand the prognosis of her condition.

• She could be lethargic from both the fever and the medicine. Keep a close eye on her for the next 24 hours. If she gets worse or isn't showing any signs of getting better by the morning take her back to the vet. I hope she feels better soon!