Can a Rottweiler and Yorkie Poo grow up in same household?

I have an 2 year old Yorkie Poo and I just bought a Rottweiler pup. They play around now and i'm concerned because now the rott only weighs 10 pounds, the yorkie weighs 9. So once the rott grows will I have to seperate them?

I have an 2 year old Yorkie Poo and I just bought a Rottweiler pup. They play around now and i'm concerned because now the rott only weighs 10 pounds, the yorkie weighs 9. So once the rott grows will I have to seperate them?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Can a Rottweiler and Yorkie Poo grow up in same household?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can a Rottweiler and Yorkie Poo grow up in same household?

Can a Rottweiler and Yorkie Poo grow up in same household? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have an 2 year old Yorkie Poo and I just bought a Rottweiler pup. They play around now and i'm concerned because now the rott only weighs 10 pounds, the yorkie weighs 9. So once the rott grows will I have to seperate them?

Can a Rottweiler and Yorkie Poo grow up in same household? Dog Breed Discussions
    • we have a 75 pound boxer and a 5 pound yorkie. they have lived together fine for 6 years. as long as they are supervised and the rott is taught at a young age to be careful around the yorkie they should be just fine together.

• You have a 2 yr old mutt, Yorki Poo isn't a breed, its a Yorkshire Terrier and Poodle mix. You bought a backyard breeder puppy. As long they are socialized well they will be fine, don't coddle the small dog, its just makes them annoying pets.

• I have a cocker spaniel thats probably... 12 now? And then I have a Pit Bull thats about 1 1/2 years old.The Pit is huge compared to the Spaniel and obviously since Gracie is so young she wants to play alot so she roughhouses with Sophie and its fine. If Sophie gets annoyed then she snaps a warning and Gracie gets the message lol.

• My chihuahua/shih tzu mix is best friends with my 2 other dogs, an amstaff & a pit. However, when I leave he is left with my amstaff & they're seperated from my pit, because he's the newest puppy and I don't feel comfortable leaving them all together yet. And when I leave, I also put all their toys up, because my chihuahua/shih tzu is very possessive over toys. And the funny thing is my chihuahua/shih tzu is the smallest, but definitely the meanest, but they don't mess with him at all. They all seem to do great with each other though, they cuddle when they sleep and play together while they're awake :] So I think your dogs will do fine together, but make sure you teach them what you tolerate and what you don't from the beginning or it might not work out so well.Edit: And I don't know why everyone is giving you a hard time about a yorkie poo, I have a small mixed breed too & I didn't get him from a backyard breeder. They're all idiots and think they are all cesar milan. lol

• The biggest danger is as the Rott grows but is still a puppy, he may not know his strength so watch them closely as the pup grows but normally the big dog starts to realize they have to be careful. But normally when a pup grows up with a small dog, they get along fine.Every morning my 120 pound Akita would lay down so he could "wrestle" with my 15 pound Schipperke - it was funny. Poor Brutus, the Akita, had one ear that was starting to come down because the Schipperke tugged it so much - I had to grab the Schipp more than correct the Akita.

• they should be fine...no matter how big your rot gets compared to your yorkiepoo he will always look up to her/him because your yorkiepoo is older than him.....other words your yorkiepoo is like an older sibling or parent to your rot. lol you should see our array of dogs here at the farm. my mom has a roweiler st. bernard mix and also has a shetland collie, a yorkie/terrier mix and another that is yorkshire/collie mix. we have shih-tzu and there is also a austrailian shepard, chihuaha and a beagle on the farm lol. and we all live within seeing distance.....like talking loud distance :p and during the day all the dogs run loose....except for my shih-tzu which have underground fencing....anyhow lol they should be fine :)

• Of course! As long as you socialize them as puppies they would love each other to death! My rottie was about 10yrs old when i brought my lil maltese pup into her life! i though my rottie would squash her like a bug but also had a feeling they were going to get a long great. My rottie was very sweeta nd lovable and would never even hurt a fly rather than a maltese.A but yea.... my dog was old but like i said it is better to start them both off as puppies hope this helped :D