Looking for Rottweiler breeders in my area?

I am located in San Jose Ca and I want to buy a rottweiler and i am willing to drive a little to get the best puppy. Please help.

I am located in San Jose Ca and I want to buy a rottweiler and i am willing to drive a little to get the best puppy. Please help....
    Dog Breed Discussions : Looking for Rottweiler breeders in my area?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Looking for Rottweiler breeders in my area?

Looking for Rottweiler breeders in my area? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am located in San Jose Ca and I want to buy a rottweiler and i am willing to drive a little to get the best puppy. Please help.

Looking for Rottweiler breeders in my area? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Go to petfinder.com, type in your zip code, city you live in, what kind of breed you are looking for, puppy or adult, big or small, and you will be saving a life. Petfinder is free and you can get the best little puppy that needs a home too. Good luck!

• the best pups are in the pound and many people dont want a dog from the pound, but i wish i would of sometimes. although i dont regret my decision to get a pomeranian i love him dearly, there are many dogs with out a home, have a heart and get one from your local shelter!!

• Check petfinder.com, AND your local shelter..... did you know that 25% of the dog population in shelters are purebreds? Sometimes people get a puppy simply because it's cute, and they don't know what they are getting themselves in to. With statistics saying that 1/4 of dogs in shelters are purebreds, I think you'll find some luck @ petfinder.com, you can even narrow it down by zipcode, breed, male or female, etc.

• Since I own Rottweilers, I'll jump in here...Rottweilers aren't for everybody. They are a lifetime commitment and responsibility. Puppies are demanding and require 100% of your time. Obedience classes are a must. And they are an expensive breed to keep. Please ask yourself these questions before plunging in head first:1. Where will the puppy stay/sleep? Rottweilers aren't a breed that thrive outside away from their humans, they need human contact, so prepare an area in your house for a crate.2. Can you handle a lot of dog hair? Rottweilers may be a short coated breed, but they shed twice a year and they shed A LOT! 3. Who will take care of the puppy while you are at work/school? How many hours per day will it be left alone?4. Do you have enough money set aside not just for the cost of the puppy, but for necessities such as shots, heartworm preventative, good quality food, collars, leashes, etc? On average, from a REPUTABLE RESPONSIBLE BREEDER, a pet quality Rottweiler is around $800. For a show/breeding quality puppy, $1400+. (Also be prepared to sign a contract, for the protection of the dog, as well as yourself.) 5. Are you familiar with the laws in your city/state regarding Rottweiler ownership? Unfortunately, many areas have banned owning Rottweilers or any other breeds they deem dangerous. Or you may be forced to pay a higher city license fee or carry extra homeowner's insurance for having such a breed. 6. Do you have a fenced in yard or a safe area for the dog to play and get exercise? Rottweilers are exuberant, puppies have boundless energy....7. What is your knowledge of the Rottweiler breed? Did you know that the breed (in it's earliest form) was used to herd? Or that they were known as the "butcher's dog", as they were sturdy enough to pull the meat cart, yet protective enough so as to ward off thieves..Rottweilers are a multi funcitonal breed. They thrive when you give them a job to do and put in the time and effort to train them to their full potential.As for finding a good REPUTABLE BREEDER, stay away from petfinder and the like. When you do find one, be prepared to answer a puppy questionnaire...good breeders want the best possible homes for their puppies and want to ensure that they are going to a forever home. Also be prepared to sign a contract/health guarantee. A reputable breeder will gurantee the dog against hip dysplasia and all other genetic diseases. They will also gurantee to take the puppy back for any reason, if you are unable to keep it. A reputable breeder will have all health clearances and certificates on both the sire and dam, which should include: OFA certificates for hips ( rated good or excellent), OFA certificates for elbows , yearly certifications for cardiac and eye exams.....A reputable breeder will be there for YOU should you have any questions or need help with your dog. (backyard breeders and the like will take your money and run)A reputable breeder will have also proven their breeding stock in either conformation (Champion), obedience, herding, or sometimes a combination of both.Lastly, don't be afraid to ask quesitons! A reputable breeder has nothing to hide and will be more than happy to supply you with copies of pedigrees, health certifications, pictures, awards, references, etc....But be prepared to answer more questions than you ask.Please take some time and visit the American Rottweiler Club's website. There is excellent information pertaining to training, health issues, and the like.Rottweiler puppies are cute, but they grow up to be powerful, sometimes stubborn adults. Make sure you take the time to educate yourself before you decide if this magnificent breed is right for you.Good luck!