Is my dog going to die???? Help please?

I need any advice professionally or if you know anything about dogsI have a 9year old (human years) dog and he got diagnosed with diabetes in april. I give him insulin shots twice a day but he keeps getting worst. He is now slowly getting blind and…

I need any advice professionally or if you know anything about dogsI have a 9year old (human years) dog and he got diagnosed with diabetes in april. I give him insulin shots twice a day but he keeps getting worst. He is now slowly getting blind and…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is my dog going to die???? Help please?...

• Is my dog going to die???? Help please?

Is my dog going to die???? Help please? General Dog Discussions
      I need any advice professionally or if you know anything about dogsI have a 9year old (human years) dog and he got diagnosed with diabetes in april. I give him insulin shots twice a day but he keeps getting worst. He is now slowly getting blind and skinnier by the week. Today he threw up non stop and I have no idea what to do. It kills me to see him hurt so bad.. does anyone know whats happening to him??Is this happening because his diabetes is worsening???Just to answer the vet question. I bring him to the vet reguraly and sometimes whenever I'm worried. The vet was the one who told me my dog would slowly get blind...and he's right.

Is my dog going to die???? Help please? General Dog Discussions
    • well anytime a dog who's diseased has worsening symptoms you should take them to the vet. It could be treatable, he made just need his meds adjusted, but at his age, with a disease, you should be prepared for him to not be around much longer

• Yes. And you need to decide when you're keeping him around for you, or whether he's actually healthy enough to stay alive. If his progress keeps on just getting worse, there's a point where you need to decide where the worst it can get, before you humanely euthanize. I'm really sorry about this, but the time comes for every loved pet, eventually. And it's sad, but it's life.

• Is he being monitored by the vet and getting regular sugar checks?Vomiting and losing weight are usually sign that his sugar is not being properly controlled. He needs to be brought into the vet ASAP to get his blood checked and potentially his insulin adjusted.