What are good names for a rottweiler dog?

Okai. I'm getting a male rottweiler puppy and I have absolutely no clue what to call it. I would like it to have a tough name but not too exaggerated. Any suggestions??

Okai. I'm getting a male rottweiler puppy and I have absolutely no clue what to call it. I would like it to have a tough name but not too exaggerated. Any suggestions??...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What are good names for a rottweiler dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are good names for a rottweiler dog?

What are good names for a rottweiler dog? Dog Breed Discussions
      Okai. I'm getting a male rottweiler puppy and I have absolutely no clue what to call it. I would like it to have a tough name but not too exaggerated. Any suggestions??

What are good names for a rottweiler dog? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Luke. The reason why is because my aunt had a dog named Luke. He was a great dog and lived till age 9. Sadly he past away not to long ago and it would be great for the name to live on. Good luck and please consider it

• When we get them into rescue we immediately rename them if they are called anything like the typical stereo rottie names like Rocky. Tyson, Bruno, Khan, and other boxers names. Why not go for something more subtle - we don't need TOUGH sounding names for our breed. That attitude will eventually lose us our breed as we want to get away from that public perception.

• He doesn't have to sound tough; he looks tough (or will!). You should wait until his personality starts to develop and then name him appropriately. For all you know, "Fluffy" will suit him perfectly.

• Names like Rocky, Butch, Spike, so on and so forth are much too cliche, so I'd avoid such names.Some ideas:UziRifleCain (who killed Abel)KiloNapalmCaponeFelonySpartaStrykerRikerGenghisKhanAttilaHammerHavokMr. BlondeLeonidasSanteriaGlock

• I always like to name dogs after their origin or along the lines of it anyway! seeing as Rottweilers come from germany and a place called Rottweil, meaning Red Tile in Wurttemburg you could call it;RedWurttemBurgerWeiley pronounced VileyIRK -(international rottweiler club) set up in 1907 had a main stud dog called RalphOr Rottweilers were first used by the romans so you could name it after a roman;Marius- the great man of the armyCaesar- generalAugustus- the first emperorNero- the madman of romeTrajan- the kind-hearted soldierHadrian- emperori always think its nice to name your dog with a meaning and can strike up conversations with people. i had a german shepherd which we got just before the world cup which was held in germany. german shepherd-germnay- so we named him Steiger after the german footballer Schweinsteiger! people always thought it was a really unusual name and i loved the link between his heritage and the name!