Every day between 8-9am my Doberman barks constantly and wakes me up along with the neighbors, what can i do?

He is an outside dog and is 10years old. This is a relativly new habit for him.

Every day between 8-9am my Doberman barks constantly and wakes me up along with the neighbors, what can i do?

He is an outside dog and is 10years old. This is a relativly new habit for him....
    General Dog Discussions : Every day between 8-9am my Doberman barks constantly and wakes me up along with the neighbors, what can i do?...

• Every day between 8-9am my Doberman barks constantly and wakes me up along with the neighbors, what can i do?

Every day between 8-9am my Doberman barks constantly and wakes me up along with the neighbors, what can i do? General Dog Discussions
      He is an outside dog and is 10years old. This is a relativly new habit for him.

Every day between 8-9am my Doberman barks constantly and wakes me up along with the neighbors, what can i do? General Dog Discussions
    • They have collars that will give him a slight shock when he barks. They also have others for training purposes that will shock when the button is pushed. The idea is to tell him no, and if he does not obey, he gets punished. He will learn to stop barking when told. The shock is never great enough to harm the dog.

• What happens in the neighborhood between 8-9 am that is new. Maybe someone is leaving for work at that time. But, most people are at work by that time. So it shouldn't bother neighbors too much.Has your hours changed?Somebody may have had a schedule change & is out in their yard then.Get up earier & listen to see what triggers his barking.

• It's to do with his age and nerves. I think there is little you can do about it. I suggest you speak to your neighbour and ask them to be considerate. Then phone the local council and tell them about the nuisance. Maybe they can issue a warning.Doberman's are great dogs but any dog that is barking through the night would drive you crazy.

• I am sorry to hear that you have this excellent breed as an outside dog. Dobermans do not live long lives, usually about 12 years old. I would have him checked by the vet since you said this is unusual.