What are the breeds of dogs that dont mind getting wet?

I really want a siberian husky, but those hate water!what other breeds of dogs love water?we have a boat, and all summer long we are around summer,this dog cannot smell, shed to bed, and cant bark extensively!

I really want a siberian husky, but those hate water!what other breeds of dogs love water?we have a boat, and all summer long we are around summer,this dog cannot smell, shed to bed, and cant bark extensively!...
    General Dog Discussions : What are the breeds of dogs that dont mind getting wet?...

• What are the breeds of dogs that dont mind getting wet?

What are the breeds of dogs that dont mind getting wet? General Dog Discussions
      I really want a siberian husky, but those hate water!what other breeds of dogs love water?we have a boat, and all summer long we are around summer,this dog cannot smell, shed to bed, and cant bark extensively!

What are the breeds of dogs that dont mind getting wet? General Dog Discussions
    • Any retriever will do the job..and do it well! Also Newfoundlands LOVE the water!But for you...Irish Water Spaniel or Portuguese Water Dog fit the bill best especially for the smell/shed part. Barking is what dogs do and the only way to get around that is training.

• Well a dog that doesn't smell is hard to find...get a husky lab mix, labs love water and it'll have the look of a husky. Or a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. =]

• It's mostly about the preference of the dog..but there are some bred for going in the water....Some breeds that like water that I can think of are Flat-Coated Retrievers, Golden Retrievers, Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers, Border Collies, Labs, Newfoundlands....good luck :)

• Any breed of working dog will really take to water. I would say that the breed best adapted for water is the Labrador. This is because they actually have two coats - one which lies directly flat onto the skin, and another which is basically the top coat that you see on the dog. This structure, along with the naturally occurring oils in the fur make the Labrador waterproof (or "Scotchguarded" as my mom likes to call it). This streamline design allows for effortless swimming (the structure is similar to that of a ducks'). It also aids in stain prevention/removal - I usually find that if my Lab is dirty (usually from puddle jumping!), I can just wipe her down with a damp cloth and the stains slide right off. Labs do have a tendency to shed, but with the right brush, designed to extract the dead undercoat, this can be prevented. I use the aptly-named "Furminator", and she hasn't shed since. Also, another high point in owning a Lab is that they are VERY easy to train, so barking won't be a problem! Good luck, Ryleigh.

• most big dogs love water because they tend to be pretty fearless, but my shitzu hates water he even musters up the strength of an ox when ther is water involved but ive yet to see a really big dog be scared of water the only one im aware of that is small and likes water are usually jack russels.

• Poodles were bred for water, and are hypoallergenic, and do not shed. As for barking, they bark no more than any other breed. They can be smaller (toy poodle) or large (standard). They would be a great breed for your situation.