How do you know when your dog is thirsty?

I'm a new dog owner,he's 4 months old.How do you know when a dog is thirsty?It sounds like a silly question, but I wondering, what about when you're walking the dog..If he gets thirsty.. How do I know he's thirsty?I bought a dog travel water bottle,but…

I'm a new dog owner,he's 4 months old.How do you know when a dog is thirsty?It sounds like a silly question, but I wondering, what about when you're walking the dog..If he gets thirsty.. How do I know he's thirsty?I bought a dog travel water bottle,but…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do you know when your dog is thirsty?...

• How do you know when your dog is thirsty?

How do you know when your dog is thirsty? General Dog Discussions
      I'm a new dog owner,he's 4 months old.How do you know when a dog is thirsty?It sounds like a silly question, but I wondering, what about when you're walking the dog..If he gets thirsty.. How do I know he's thirsty?I bought a dog travel water bottle,but still, how do I know when to give it to him?

How do you know when your dog is thirsty? General Dog Discussions
    • I just offer it to my dog every 15 min or so until she drinks it.When she drinks and if she drinks a lot, I won't offer it again for maybe half an hr to 45 min. But since it's so hot recently I offer it very often and she drinks almost every time I let her.

• when your walking, if you need a drink, give him onehe should have water at home when he eats breakfast, and then every few hours after that.stop water an hour or so before bed.once your dog is completely housetrained and can tell you when he needs to go out, monitor water intake.once my dogs could go to the door and prove they could hold it, i leave water down all the time.if it's hot outside..make sure you give him more water

• not only is this silly, it's just stupid. you don't need to know if it's thirsty or not. you put water in a water bowl, and you put it on the floor. if the dog is thirsty, it will drink. if it's not thirsty, it won't drink. you just keep the bowl full of water. duh

• Experience will tell you, after a while, when your dog is ready for water. Until then, just offer it to him every half an hour or so especially in warm weather. You can teach him what the word water means, so you can ask if he wants some WATER and you'll learn to tell when the answer is yes. Just say the word water several times anytime you give him some or when he drinks some--WATER, yes, very good, WATER, WATER, good--say a bunch of nonsense like that. If you'll always carry a water bottle, hold it up and say water just before you give him some, he'll learn that the bottle contains WATER.