Should I Place My Rottweiler In Attack Dog Training?

I was wondering if I should, cause to me it seems like if i had specific commands to give to him, then it would be easier to control him in any given situation.BQ: If I put him through obedience training and attack training, will they negatively effect…

I was wondering if I should, cause to me it seems like if i had specific commands to give to him, then it would be easier to control him in any given situation.BQ: If I put him through obedience training and attack training, will they negatively effect…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Should I Place My Rottweiler In Attack Dog Training?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Should I Place My Rottweiler In Attack Dog Training?

Should I Place My Rottweiler In Attack Dog Training? Dogs Training Discussions
      I was wondering if I should, cause to me it seems like if i had specific commands to give to him, then it would be easier to control him in any given situation.BQ: If I put him through obedience training and attack training, will they negatively effect or offset each other? Is attack dog training basically obedience training with an edge?

Should I Place My Rottweiler In Attack Dog Training? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Start with obedience- it should be 100% mandatory with rotties. You need a strong foundation before pursuing schutzhund or other specialty training. They will not counteract each other- they should build on each other. I'm not familiar with any formalized "attack" training- please research breed-appropriate activities.

• I think you need to have a long talk with a schutzhund trainer in your area.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SchutzhundThey would be the ones to see if your dog has the proper temperament to even consider this style of training. Do not attempt it on your own, as you will be setting yourself up for some serious lawsuits.

• no if you just treat the dog just like a family dog, it will learn to be protective... and it won't bite everyone it sees..... my family use to have a rotweiler, very good dog, very protective, but also gentle...

• not if hes just a house dog especially not with a rottweiler once they learn something they dont give it up so any stranger would be attacked that means your freinds that the dog hasnt met