How much would you charge for boarding one dog for a month? Plus dog training?

My girlfriend is Certified dog trainer and has clients wanting to have her board their dog while training for one month. How much would you charge an individual for one month?

My girlfriend is Certified dog trainer and has clients wanting to have her board their dog while training for one month. How much would you charge an individual for one month?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How much would you charge for boarding one dog for a month? Plus dog training?...

• How much would you charge for boarding one dog for a month? Plus dog training?

How much would you charge for boarding one dog for a month? Plus dog training? Dogs Training Discussions
      My girlfriend is Certified dog trainer and has clients wanting to have her board their dog while training for one month. How much would you charge an individual for one month?

How much would you charge for boarding one dog for a month? Plus dog training? Dogs Training Discussions
    • it would depend on what is being charged in your area. you need to find out what kennels are charging per day for boarding and then find out what trainers in your area are charging and go from there.

• *I* wouldn't board dogs at my home, nor would I want to run a dog boarding facility.In my area, though, the going rate for a night of boarding is 10$ -- so it would be around 300$ for a month's worth of boarding.The owner also has to supply food, though.It's her choice, though.

• I actually run a kennel in the D.C. area. For the average sized dog, for 30 days of boarding, I would charge $1050.00. Training would be extra, probably another $300, depending on the dog.Of course, these prices are relative to the area you live in.

• A trainer I know charges about $1600 plus tax.. this does include 6 follow up lessons.If they want remote training (to have the dog offleash) that costs extra, which can be done during the training program, or after completion.. thats another $650 - 1250.Now, if the person is wanting more than just basic obedience/housebreaking.. that costs even more. Ive seen trainers charge upwards ofr $3,000-5,000 or more, depending on what exactly the owner wants the dog trained to do.

• A local dog training facility (Hollywood Dog Training School) here in Southern California charges $4,000 a month for board and training.My breeder placed a dog and the new owners took it there before taking it home, that was their cost.Straight board at most local kennels is $50 a day so that alone would be $1500 just for board. Then she needs to figure out what her time is worth on the training.