What is the best Ceasar Millan book for training a new puppy?

We are in the process of adopting a new puppy. I love Ceasars philosophy on dog training- but he has quite a few books. If anyone has used one to help train their puppy and liked it please let me know! ThanksWhat is up with the Ceasar hatred? Is there…

We are in the process of adopting a new puppy. I love Ceasars philosophy on dog training- but he has quite a few books. If anyone has used one to help train their puppy and liked it please let me know! ThanksWhat is up with the Ceasar hatred? Is there…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : What is the best Ceasar Millan book for training a new puppy?...

• What is the best Ceasar Millan book for training a new puppy?

What is the best Ceasar Millan book for training a new puppy? Dogs Training Discussions
      We are in the process of adopting a new puppy. I love Ceasars philosophy on dog training- but he has quite a few books. If anyone has used one to help train their puppy and liked it please let me know! ThanksWhat is up with the Ceasar hatred? Is there something I should know.If not Ceasar than who- any help I can get means a happier puppy - happier world. Thanks!

What is the best Ceasar Millan book for training a new puppy? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Mentioning Cesar is only going to get you dissed here. Watch and see what happens in your answers.Whats Up? Stupidity from everyone who thinks they no better and maybe a little jelousy.A MEMBER OF THE FAMILY /CESAR MILANThe ultimate guidebook! Covers all of the essentials and answers all of the most commonly asked questions about living with and caring for a healthy, happy dog.

• The best thing to do is, read more than one person's approach to training. If one thing doesn't work, move on to another. You will get frustrated if you think one method will work for all dogs. All dogs are different. The dog I have now is so eager to please and so food motivated, that I never even felt like I was training her.

• Brenda Aloff's Fundamentals: Foundation Training for Every Dog... that is what I'd tell you to get.This is a DVD that is excellent for starting out with a new puppy. I acquired and put this to use on my current puppy, now 7 months and I can't even begin to tell you how great Brenda Aloff's methods are there.http://www.amazon.com/Brenda-Aloffs-Fundamentals-Foundation-Training/dp/B000PFU8IY/ref=sr_1_4/175-3844473-5037526?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1228926991&sr=8-4Definitely a must have for a new puppy owner!

• Absolutely none. Read the link I posted in your last question for more information on Dominance Theory, which is what Cesar uses. Good trainers/behaviorists authors:Jean DonaldsonIan DunbarPat MillerPatricia McConnellAli Brown To name a few. Books: Idiots Guide to Positive Dog Training by Pam DennisonThe Power of Positive Dog Training by Pat Miller

• Most people don't seem to like Cesar because of his role of dominating a dog. I would not advise this with a pup. He does have SOME training concepts that are good to implement with a puppy however, such as heeling on walks and excercising, and not giving praise at the wrong time. He is not big on praise at all, which a pup should be flooded with when it behaves properly so that they can learn what is ideal. But some of his practices are much too harsh for a puppy. You must consider & realize he generally works with problem dogs who show aggression. Fixing a negative behavior is different than merely training a pup. I would not recommend any of his practices to those at home who want to fix their problem dog. Sure Cesar can get away with it BUT he is merely challenging the dog & holding his ground. There is a small percentage of dogs that, at this point, would not accept someone challenging them & the outcome could be less than desirable. His training practices on whole are on one end of the spectrum. For a new puppy try to find something somewhere in between with similiar philosophys behind them. Just keep in mind Cesar doesn't train he reconditions. You want to train a puppy...Oh, and what he does doesn't fix a dog in a half hour!