Is it possible to have a dog trained to go to the shop and buy chocolate for yourself?

I work long hours and do be very tired during the day and my dog doesn't get much excercise so to help us both out and kill two birds with one stone i was seriously wondering is it possible to get my dog trained so that i can send him to the shop to buy…

Is it possible to have a dog trained to go to the shop and buy chocolate for yourself?

I work long hours and do be very tired during the day and my dog doesn't get much excercise so to help us both out and kill two birds with one stone i was seriously wondering is it possible to get my dog trained so that i can send him to the shop to buy…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Is it possible to have a dog trained to go to the shop and buy chocolate for yourself?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it possible to have a dog trained to go to the shop and buy chocolate for yourself?

Is it possible to have a dog trained to go to the shop and buy chocolate for yourself? Dogs Training Discussions
      I work long hours and do be very tired during the day and my dog doesn't get much excercise so to help us both out and kill two birds with one stone i was seriously wondering is it possible to get my dog trained so that i can send him to the shop to buy simple things like chocolate for me?nothing too heavy.id really appricate some help:)thanks:)

Is it possible to have a dog trained to go to the shop and buy chocolate for yourself? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Yes, but you would need a special trainer. You sound too lazy and tired to do it yourself. Maybe a budgie is easier and quicker, though it would carry less I would worry the dog would get distracted easily by every passing mutt and lampost on the way

• Even if you could manage to train your dog to go buy your chocolates, you can bet that he would be eating it before you got it out of his clutches.What a doofy idea. Take your dog for a nice walk to the shop, buy your chocolate and get your dog some dog treats while you are there - don't ever give him chocolate, it can kill him.

• Hahah, yes, it's possible - but not probable. That would take a lot of training.The simplest way would be to pin a note to his collar and arrange a deal with the shopkeeper... You can't attach cash without it being stolen. Then he walks to the shop with the note, the shopkeeper attaches the item to the dog (in a sealed package), and the dog walks home.Possible... but not probable. :)

• If you didnt have time for the dog then why did you get him in the first place? and 2...you don't have time or are too tired to walk the dog but you have time to put up stupid questions on here. I feel sorry for your dog and any future pets you might have.

• Possible? Yes. Practical? No.I have a friend whose service dog gets her basic groceries when she is unable to leave the house. Her dog has about $50,000 worth of training. She lives in sight of a small mom & pop grocery in a small town where everyone knows her. She can watch her dog all the way to the store and all the way back. The store owner knows the dog and when he sees her will check her pack for the grocery list, load the items in the pack along with the change and send her back.But look at the risks.Few areas permit dogs to be off leash. A loose dog could be impounded. Very few city ordinances would permit pets (as opposed to trained service dogs) in grocery stores. Few store owners would want to take the extra time to deal with a dog and fill out the order for someone who was just being lazy as opposed to someone who couldn't come to the store because they couldn't get their wheel chair down the icy road without risking death by exposure. Only one dog in a hundred has the mental and physical make up to do this kind of work. Most would help themselves to the groceries, including the chocolate (which is toxic to dogs) the moment they were out of sight.Save the $50,000. Hire a dog walker and have your groceries delivered instead.