If you want to PROFESSIONALLY train dogs for personal protection do you need a staff or can you do it yourself?

If you got a degree in dog training, did the research, and took all of the necessary precautions blah blah blah. Is it possible to train dogs for PP with one or two people or do you need a staff? What kind of staff would you need?By a staff I mean a team…

If you want to PROFESSIONALLY train dogs for personal protection do you need a staff or can you do it yourself?

If you got a degree in dog training, did the research, and took all of the necessary precautions blah blah blah. Is it possible to train dogs for PP with one or two people or do you need a staff? What kind of staff would you need?By a staff I mean a team…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : If you want to PROFESSIONALLY train dogs for personal protection do you need a staff or can you do it yourself?...

• If you want to PROFESSIONALLY train dogs for personal protection do you need a staff or can you do it yourself?

If you want to PROFESSIONALLY train dogs for personal protection do you need a staff or can you do it yourself? Dogs Training Discussions
      If you got a degree in dog training, did the research, and took all of the necessary precautions blah blah blah. Is it possible to train dogs for PP with one or two people or do you need a staff? What kind of staff would you need?By a staff I mean a team of people who work for you.

If you want to PROFESSIONALLY train dogs for personal protection do you need a staff or can you do it yourself? Dogs Training Discussions
    • What are you talking about?What do you mean by "A Staff" - any breed can be trained for protection work, but Staffordshire Bull Terriers are not the usual choice for this work. If you want a dog for a specific purpouse, select the most appropriate breed, get it PROFESSIONALLY trained by an expert, or go to someone who will teach YOU how to train the dog.ETA: I have never heard of a "degree in dog training" per se. The best trainers I have come across are those with years of experience.Ö

• Given that you actually take the time to do the research, I see no reason why you couldn't do it yourself. In fact, I have a friend who bought a black lab last year and has been training her to follow his commands when bird hunting from books he's read and from internet information and he has her in junior-level hunting shows already.With that said, a professional dog trainer will do it better and more efficiently simply because of his/her experience.

• Most "Protection" training is done by two people. One the trainer and theother is basically the poor guy that suits up and is the prey. This is reallynot something that should be taken lightly and the best way for you to learnis to spend time with a Professional. Although most dogs can be trained inProtection, not all become very good at it. A good trainer will put your dogthrough some tests to determine if he is a good candidate. You don't want aprotection trained dog that will pick itself over you, when the time comes forit to work. This is why you need to learn from a Pro and not just crap youread online. My GSD is going to have Schutzland training and this is only aftershe turns 14 months and is "qualified" by her trainers.