Where do you get most of your dog training information?

There are books, TV shows, professional trainers, veterinarians, friends, family, the internet, pet store employees, etc.. List the top 3 places you get the most of your dog training information from.AND which source you most respect (i.e. whose advice…

There are books, TV shows, professional trainers, veterinarians, friends, family, the internet, pet store employees, etc.. List the top 3 places you get the most of your dog training information from.AND which source you most respect (i.e. whose advice…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Where do you get most of your dog training information?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Where do you get most of your dog training information?

Where do you get most of your dog training information? Dogs Training Discussions
      There are books, TV shows, professional trainers, veterinarians, friends, family, the internet, pet store employees, etc.. List the top 3 places you get the most of your dog training information from.AND which source you most respect (i.e. whose advice do you actually use).

Where do you get most of your dog training information? Dogs Training Discussions
    • You can find all of your basic obedience and some advance training on youtube. This is all I used to train my rotties. Also the books i've read were basic obedience, advanced obedience easier than you think, and manstopper training a K9 guardian. I like these books because they tell you how to train your dog without using treats. The author of these books is Joel McMains. Though the books are good, I would prefer to use youtube because it more visual.

• Keeping the list to three is hard to do. The most useful info I've had is from the library there you can find breed specific books to help you train. TV like shows like Cesar and Victoria are good too. I've never used a trainer but would imagine they would be good. If you're getting a pure bred dog by all means talk with the breeder. They will have loads of info on the dog you're getting. The best I could tell you is to look at all of the things you mentioned and use the knowledge from each and choose your own path. One thing may not work with one dog but will work on another. I would start at the library if you haven't already got the dog and get a book on the breed you want. Watch the dog shows on TV while you read the books and look things up on the net. So if I were to keep it to three.1. Breeder2. Library3. Media