How can I become a certified pet dog trainer?

I have light dog training experience from dealing with my own dogs, as well as friends' dogs and dogs that I care for with my professional pet sitting business. I love pet sitting but I am really interested in training because it will provide me with…

I have light dog training experience from dealing with my own dogs, as well as friends' dogs and dogs that I care for with my professional pet sitting business. I love pet sitting but I am really interested in training because it will provide me with…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How can I become a certified pet dog trainer?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can I become a certified pet dog trainer?

How can I become a certified pet dog trainer? Dogs Training Discussions
      I have light dog training experience from dealing with my own dogs, as well as friends' dogs and dogs that I care for with my professional pet sitting business. I love pet sitting but I am really interested in training because it will provide me with more intellectual stimulation.I'm seeking any and all advice that experienced trainers have to offer regarding certification, experience, business aspects, and training for myself. Where should I start and how did you get started?If any professional trainers are willing to help me at a more extensive level then I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me a message and we could correspond through e-mail.

How can I become a certified pet dog trainer? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Becoming a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT) and working towards their Certified Pet Dog Trainer title is the first step. APDT members also receive notification of continuing education opportunities such as seminars on specific behaviors or behavior problems and ongoing training classes.